[SOLVED] PC randomly reboots in specific games.

Omenraven

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
This is a brand new computer I just finished building in maybe the 3rd week of January 2020. I've been able to play Witcher 3, CS GO, R6 Siege, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, and a few other games on max settings with 0 issues. When I try to play Wolfenstein 2 on higher graphics settings my computer will randomly reboot every 5 minutes or so, I dropped down the settings to low and was able to play for about 30 minutes but then it still rebooted.

Here's everything in the PC:
CPU: Intel I7-9700K
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Pro
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3200 DDR4
Storage: Kingston A4 240 GB and Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB Windforce OC 3X
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
PSU: Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Semi Modular

I've tried monitoring temperatures while playing games and I know it isn't that, the hottest my GPU got in Wolfenstein 2 was only about 61 C before it rebooted, CPU was only at about 55 C. I ran the Heaven stress test and Prime 95 each for a little bit and didn't have any issues there either.

Solution
It could be the PSU is faulty. I had corsair before and it died on the same way :( After gaming which needs more powerload from the GPU and CPU it started to rebooting. But before you change that to make sure try different driver for that card and check if there is any forum about the game because sometimes its only a patch fix need. And run a memtest86 because it can be also memory problem.
Feb 13, 2020
Hi
Just a few thoughts.. could be PSU issue, or power connectors not quite plugged in?
must be power related do you get bsod with error code?

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
It could be the PSU is faulty. I had corsair before and it died on the same way :( After gaming which needs more powerload from the GPU and CPU it started to rebooting. But before you change that to make sure try different driver for that card and check if there is any forum about the game because sometimes its only a patch fix need. And run a memtest86 because it can be also memory problem.

Solution

Omenraven

Honorable
Jan 12, 2015
Ran memtest86 and everything there was good, at this point I figure it must be the PSU, thank you.

TRENDING THREADS