Question PC randomly reboots, mostly during gaming.

etesravan

Prominent
Mar 22, 2020
My PC that I built in January has since the 13th of March been having random reboots happen. I have tried most solutions I have found online and nothing has worked. Any help is appreciated.

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER DUAL EVO OC V2
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Prosessor
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING, Socket-AM4
HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 2666MHz 16GB
Corsair TX850M, 850W PSU
Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

All parts were bought new.

Hey there,

Random reboots like that, normally point to the PSU. Specially at load. Your PSU is a rather good one! You've said that it's new, so i'd RMA it and get a replacement. It's not common for those units to fail, but it does happen. I'd be happy to get the same unit (as long as it's new), because even the best PSU's have failures.

On a side note, it would be worth considering getting faster ram for your system, or trying to OC you current ram. Your system will be thankful of it. Ryzen loves fast ram, so anything above 3000mhz is advised.

etesravan

Prominent
Mar 22, 2020
Hey Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I've read several places that this might be the PSU. Before I replace it, is there any other way to test if this might be the problem? I'm guessing I'll just have to order a new one as it's critical for me to have a computer for work atm and the reboots usually don't happen unless I'm playing games.

TRENDING THREADS