PC randomly reboots (no BSoD)

d3monslay3r4

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Been having this problem recently where my PC will randomly reboot with no warning. Tried reseating ram and gfx card to no avail. Also tried testing my ram with memtest, but my PC will reboot while it's running (0 errors until reboot). Also definitely not an overheating issue, been keeping my eyes on my temps and they're all normal. My hunch is that it's a RAM problem because it seems like it happens more often when using RAM-heavy programs (happens often when using Chrome, happened while testing ram before the 1st pass was even completed) but I have no evidence to support this really, it's just anecdotal. Anything I can do to find out what's causing this outside of replacing parts?
parts:
i7-7700k default clock
Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6gb default clock
2x8gb Corsair RAM
EVGA 550W Gold PSU

d3monslay3r4

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

Both sticks got further into the test than they did together (never reached 2nd pass), but rebooted around the middle of the 2nd pass with no errors. Trying the sticks individually in different DIMM slots right now. (bit embarrassed I didn't try this earlier)

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Hardly a RAM error if you think about it...afaik memtest would catch it during first pass when its this significant.

Plus 2 stick failing at the same time. Well, it can happen but its rare...

More likely mobo or cpu.

To rule it out, anyone nearby you can borrow a stick from for a couple of hours? Or use their rig to test your sticks?

d3monslay3r4

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

Yeah I don't think its the RAM anymore, but no.