PC randomly reboots while playing games

Christian_21

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
Hey im just gonna jump straight into it so lately my computer has been randomly rebooting when im playing games doens't matter what type of games and it will not pop up with any error message of any kind just puff black screen and then it reboots i tryed out alot of things

1. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics to check if it possible could be the RAMs but results was good

2. Next thing on the list was Stress Test the CPU (100%) with FurMark so i basically did that for 10 mins yes the temperature went up but it was working through it without any problems

3. Last but not least the GPU i did a Stress Test aswell with FurMark (100%) for 10 mins aswell without any problems whats so ever temperature was abit high at first (80C) but found that its basically running in silenced mode when you get it factory new so download MSI AfterBurner and did the test again now being only at (60C) which if i understand correctly is a okay temperature when gaming

So i wanted to hear what you guys a thinking could be the problem ?
Im thinking its the PSU but it just don't make sense to me that when i did the all the test especially the Stress tests nothing happened

oh completly forgot i though it was a Virus at first so did a full Scan of my computer and nothing came up with both BitDefender and Nod32 (Heard from a friend of mine Nod32 is a really good Anti-Virus program so tryed it out to see if it could find something that BitDefender could't)

My setup is
CPU - Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
RAM - 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. B85-PRO GAMER
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB (MSI)
Harddisk 1 - 111GB OCZ-ARC1 OCZ-ARC100 SCSI Disk Device (SSD)
Harddisk 2 - 1863GB Seagate ST2000DL ST2000DL003-9VT1 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
PSU - CoolerMaster 750W (Not 100% sure which one)

Sorry for my bad english hope its understandable :p
Hope you guys can help me on this one

Christian_21

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015

Yeaa just wanted to make sure before i went out buying a new one that it is the PSU
any recommendations to what i should replace it with ?

Christian_21

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015

I'm back with an update so i just got my PSU today and so far they have been no problems (already played 2-3 hours straight without anything) so i think it is safe to say it was the problem and problem solved Thx
i bought the EVGA SuperNova G2 750W