[SOLVED] PC randomly reboots

Oct 8, 2020
DESCRIPTION:
Hi, my PC randomly reboots. No matter if I turn on my PC 1st thing in the morning or after playing AAA games for a few hours, my PC may reboot at any time, so it's not heat or power draw related. As weird as it may sound, I am expecting the GSX 1000 DAC/the GSP 500 headset to be the issue so far. Reason is, the issue started not long after getting these and sometimes they ain't powered till I replug them. Might try my HyperX Cloud 2's, if the single RAM slot doesn't fix it (doesn't fix the GSX 1000 DAC not powering on on boot).

SPECS:
  • CPU: 3700X (stock)
  • Graphics card: ASUS 2080 SUPER (tested stock and OC, even though OC has never given me any trouble on this system)
  • RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo 2x16 GB 3600 MHz
  • MB: ASUS TUF x570
  • Sound system: Sennheiser GSX 1000 DAC paired with the Sennheiser GSP 500 headset (mentioning this, as the DAC, thus headset, won't turn on after booting sometimes, have to re-plug DAC for it to work)

TRIED:
Just re-installed Windows and everything is up to date, drivers (all - monitor, chipset, LAN and so on) and Windows. PSU is a about 6 months old RMA from Corsair. the RM850. Latest BIOS (updated to see if it would fix the issue).
I tried re-seating my 2 x 16GB RAM sticks, didn't try the 2 other black sockets though, have them in the grey ones (trying out black sockets soon). Trying just 1 stick as of now (DAC still not always turning on).

CASE #1:
Reboots, then; only the keyboard, mobo, CPU fan, GPU and RAM light up, not mouse, DAC and monitor.
lRO7zbG.jpg

43vZ6Pf.png

CASE #2:
Reboots, then; only components light up.
C5H0H19.jpg

CASE #3:
Reboots, then; all things lights up and I boot into windows, only my DAC (GSX 1000) doesn't light up, have to re-plug it.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION #1:
EdvCqG2.jpg

Most scenarios it's CASE #1 and I reboot (turn off the PSU) and get into safemode, from where I boot and it works till the next crash/reboot occurs. Most likely more cases than this, only documented these 3 as of now.

Last edited:
Solution
You could try set ram manually. Rather than DOCP set the timings/voltage yourself. You can check which timings to check by opening the SPD tab in CPUZ and entering those timings there into the corresponding bios entry, with 1.35v. See if it makes a difference. Sometimes even though DOCP should read the timings from the DIMMS, it might not always work, can cause issues.

Try the new cables, and setting timings manually, and let us know.
Hi there,

Well, random restarts like that often point to the PSU. Seeing as yours is quite good and only recently replaced, it could be some cables. Have you tried swapping out for new cables on the PSU to mobo for example?

What speed are your Ram DIMMS and is it running on XMP profile?

How was the system running before you replaced PSU?

List your full PC specs.

Oct 8, 2020
Hi there,

Well, random restarts like that often point to the PSU. Seeing as yours is quite good and only recently replaced, it could be some cables. Have you tried swapping out for new cables on the PSU to mobo for example?

What speed are your Ram DIMMS and is it running on XMP profile?

How was the system running before you replaced PSU?

List your full PC specs.
I didn't try new cables, for the RAM I have DOCP turned on to allow 3600 MHz. PC couldn't boot at all before I replaced PSU, which fixed it. System been running fine since then, until I got this issue a month ago or something.
Added specs to thread.

Last edited:
You could try set ram manually. Rather than DOCP set the timings/voltage yourself. You can check which timings to check by opening the SPD tab in CPUZ and entering those timings there into the corresponding bios entry, with 1.35v. See if it makes a difference. Sometimes even though DOCP should read the timings from the DIMMS, it might not always work, can cause issues.

Solution
Oct 8, 2020

It has worked using DOCP for a long time though, but I suppose I'mma test it after trying out this 1-RAM stick'er.
This is the correct tab to read the memory settings from?
wkQEdom.png