PC randomly resets and enters boot loops

Oct 16, 2018
Recently updated from windows 7 to 10, swapped out my motherboard, cpu, psu, and ram at the same time. Everything ran great for a couple weeks before I started having an issue where my pc would seemingly randomly just crash and go into a boot loop.

I can access my bios when it's booting it just doesn't get to boot windows. Every third time it loads the 'windows isn't booting right' prompt where I can troubleshoot (I couldn't get help from any of those options). I've completely wiped my drives and reinstalled windows 10 and I am still having this issue (infact, my pc rebooted while I was installing windows and I had to start all over). Previously I was able to just let it restart a few times before it would boot into windows properly. Now it seems like it isn't going to do that.

In the event viewer I get a power-kernel 41 at the time it restarts.

Here's what I've tried:
Reinstalling windows
Booting in safe mode (I can boot into safe mode but the random resets still occur)
Updating my BIOS
Uninstalling display drivers (since then I now see the welcome screen before the machine enters the loop which means I don't get the windows didn't boot screen and can't enter safe mode anymore)

I have no idea what else to try. At this point I'm not even sure if it's an os, hardware, driver, etc issue.

Motherboard: MSI Krait Gaming Z370
CPU: Intel i5-8600k
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb

Could be a power supply issue.

Could be a quirk with the motherboard. Resetting the CMOS and starting again may help.

Could be a hardware issue where a component is possibly not fully installed on the motherboard. Double check that all connections are tight and solid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts