Question PC randomly restarted during Monster Hunter World. PSU issue?

bp1696

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
Hi. I recently built a new PC about 4 months ago. Here is the build:

Windows 10
1440p
i7-9700k
RTX 2070 ARMOR (Lightly overclocked)
16GB RAM
EVGA SuperNOVA 650w 80+ Gold PSU

So, I was playing Monster Hunter World on this PC and suddenly my PC just rebooted. I checked my temps for CPU and GPU, and they were at a safe 60c and 75c respectively. I noticed other MHW players had this issue, and most told them it was the power supply. So I used OCCT as a stress test for about 15 mins and this is what I got, do I have an issue here? Everything looks normal aside from the 96 errors detected:

rga2VWc.png

BRcx5iH.png

T92x1od.png

Ralston18

Titan
Only one reboot - correct?

So what is the nature of those 96 errors?

Any descriptions, explanations, error code numbers etc.?

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. There may be some error code or warning that corresponds with the time of the reboot.

Would not be too concerned about a single occurance per se.

Just keep an eye on things.

Spend some watching Task Manager and Resource Monitor. One at a time. First while not gaming and then while gaming.

If the problem reoccurs and/or other things happen then you will be more likely to recognize what has gone astray.

E.g., some bottleneck appears.

bp1696

Honorable
Oct 27, 2016
Only one reboot - correct?

So what is the nature of those 96 errors?

Any descriptions, explanations, error code numbers etc.?

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. There may be some error code or warning that corresponds with the time of the reboot.

Would not be too concerned about a single occurance per se.

Just keep an eye on things.

Spend some watching Task Manager and Resource Monitor. One at a time. First while not gaming and then while gaming.

If the problem reoccurs and/or other things happen then you will be more likely to recognize what has gone astray.

E.g., some bottleneck appears.
Yeah just the one. I check task manager and the CPU is almost always at 100%, which is normal with Monster Hunter because it's ridiculously poorly optimized. It wouldn't tell me what those 96 errors were. Someone said it could be related to a glitch with OCCT's readings when a GPU is being overclocked.

Ralston18

Titan
May be worth running other stress tests.

Overall objective being to determine the nature of those 96 errors - if they are indeed real and meaningful.

For the most part, I would leave well enough alone and just monitor the system.

Familiarize yourself with the tools: Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Reliability History, and Event Viewer.

Learn what is normal for your system.

That way when (not if) things go astray you will be all the more able to figure out the problem.