PC Randomly Restarting (Already tried everything, still no help)

SOCOM

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Ive been trying to fix this issue for 4 months now, my pc is randomly restarting when i play video games, and its usually when the gpu goes over the temperature of 60C, i stress tested the gpu alone with it going up to 65C with no issues, i checked the vram itself as well as the ram slots on the mobo, since the bugcheckcode for the event viewer gave me #26, but now it gives me nothing, everything is 0. Checked every ram stick individually, 2 days of memtestx86. I bought a new PSU, the Evga 650W G3, still restarting though. Everything in the PC is Less than 1 year old, with some parts being just a few months old for example my cpu, psu, and cooler. I suspected it was the CPU, and ill go way back on this one. I used to play Dark souls 3, and one day out of nowhere, my pc started restarting on the highest settings of dark souls. GPU went up to 70C and *restart*, but this used to be when i still had my old cpu i5 6500 and it went on and on, and suddenly out of nowhere just stopped, got my new one on black friday i7 7700k, and it started doing it again a month later. Also i have to mention that ive had the problem where my display alone just crashed, with the game sounds still going in the background eventually coming to a stop, ive had that a few times on arma and miscreated, which is a gpu issue.

My CPU was also stress tested reaching up to 70C and my pc never restarted.

Also Checked the debug pattern on the mobo, everything flashed, until the last one, stopped for 5 secs and went on with the pc booting up.

I dont know what to do anymore, but i am sure as hell ready to throw this pc in the garbage.

Specs:

Asus RX 470

Crucial 2400 2x 4gb

i7 7700k

GB H270 HD3

Toshiba 2TB HDD

Cryorig H7

Evga 650W G3

Nothing is overclocked.

Solution
Since most of the issues are GPU bound, how about replacing the defective GPU out? GTX 1060 6GB would be nice upgrade from RX 470. Also, going with Nvidia over Radeon could also fix any driver issues you're facing,
comparison: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-470-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/3640vs3639

Of course, you can pull the GPU out and run your system on iGPU (on-board graphics) to test if you still get random reboots.
Note: While you could also game on iGPU, it is painful since Intel HD 630 isn't powerful enough as dedicated GPU is.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since most of the issues are GPU bound, how about replacing the defective GPU out? GTX 1060 6GB would be nice upgrade from RX 470. Also, going with Nvidia over Radeon could also fix any driver issues you're facing,
comparison: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-470-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/3640vs3639

Of course, you can pull the GPU out and run your system on iGPU (on-board graphics) to test if you still get random reboots.
Note: While you could also game on iGPU, it is painful since Intel HD 630 isn't powerful enough as dedicated GPU is.

Solution