[SOLVED] PC randomly restarting, no BSOD though.

Jan 7, 2021
My PC keeps restarting whenever I try to do a demanding task (games, editing, etc.) and it will make a whining noise in my headphones temporarily before it restarts. My B450 Tomahawk Max MOBO has the EZ troubleshoot indicators and is saying it is a CPU problem but I am not 100% sure of it.
Specs are as follows: Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7GHz(Non OC'd), RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition(Non OC'd), MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD(7200RPM), Crucial 2x16 GB DDR4-2400, Thermaltake Smart BX1 RGB 550 W 80+ Bronze, Wraith Prism Ryzen Stock Cooler, NZXT H510 ATX Mid(2 Fans; 1 Intake, 1 Outtake)
I got some new parts for Christmas I haven't installed yet and want to fix this problem before putting in the new parts(New RAM and CPU Cooler)
Help would be much appreciated!!!!

Jan 7, 2021
Your PSU is not enough for your system, it outputs 456w on 12v rail. the recommended for 2070 super is 650.
i hadn't had problems with this prior to a month ago. I have had my system since late July of 2020 and never had any problems then. Do you have any PSU recommendations?

Jan 7, 2021
At least. In general....the higher you go on wattage (for the same load)....the shallower the thermal cycling of the components in the PSU....which potentially can lead to longer life (all else being equal).
That's good to hear, I want to keep this build for a while anyways so I think the higher wattage would help preserve it for sure! I think the EVGA 700 GD 80+ Gold should do a much better job.

Jul 6, 2020
That's good to hear, I want to keep this build for a while anyways so I think the higher wattage would help preserve it for sure! I think the EVGA 700 GD 80+ Gold should do a much better job.
Yes, that one should definetly be sufficient, on that one you're actually getting 700w, and headroom for upgrading in the future.