Question PC Randomly Restarts and Motherboard freezes when trying to enter BIOS

Sep 20, 2021
I have a ryzen 5 3600 with a gigabyter B450M motherboard (https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali516/p/N82E16883360116?Item=N82E16883360116) since getting the computer we have had random restarts, no warning/errors/BSOD, and it will just restart boot back up. Able to get into windows and everything works fine until it randomly restarts.

In attempt to run a memory diagnostic I tried to enter the bios and upon hitting delete or F12 it freezes at the post screen. Ive tried installing the gigabyte app center app and @bios utility to upgrade my bios but the AppCenter crashes to BSOD on start and @bios throws errors of not being able to locate .dll files. Ive tried clearing the CMOS with jumping the pins and removing the CMOS battery and nothing changed. Hoping to figure out anything else I can try before buying a new motherboard.

I have a ryzen 5 3600 with a gigabyter B450M motherboard (https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali516/p/N82E16883360116?Item=N82E16883360116) since getting the computer we have had random restarts, no warning/errors/BSOD, and it will just restart boot back up. Able to get into windows and everything works fine until it randomly restarts.

In attempt to run a memory diagnostic I tried to enter the bios and upon hitting delete or F12 it freezes at the post screen. Ive tried installing the gigabyte app center app and @bios utility to upgrade my bios but the AppCenter crashes to BSOD on start and @bios throws errors of not being able to locate .dll files. Ive tried clearing the CMOS with jumping the pins and removing the CMOS battery and nothing changed. Hoping to figure out anything else I can try before buying a new motherboard.
you SHOULDN'T update bios from @bios. it is more risky to update bios from windows rather than flashing from the bios itself. It seems your bios is corrupted.

Unless there is a flashback button, i think you cant flash the bios without external programmer like CH341A programmer.

Sep 20, 2021
Ok thanks, unfortunately the B450M DS3H doesnt have a flashback button and haven't done external programming on a motherboard. So I guess my only other option is to get a new motherboard

Reactions: Koekieezz