[SOLVED] PC randomly restarts but passes all stress tests without crashing or stuttering

Oct 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have done FurMark GPU stress test for about 40 minutes with OCCT power stress test running at the same time for about 20 minutes and no restarts.
I've done the GPU test and OCCT CPU stress test at the same time too, again nothing crashed.
I've used Memtest 86 to check RAM for errors but nothing was found. Still my PC restarts occasionally.
It happened once today and yesterday while playing Immortals Fenyx Rising, and once maybe one and a half week ago while wathcing youtube.
I also had 2 BSOD's maybe 2 months ago.
Can this be a software problem, maybe a virus, cause hardware passes stress tests?

Thanks in advance.

Specs:

GPU - Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX1650 GDDR6 4GB

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600

PSU - LC-POWER LC600H-12 600W

RAM - 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ

Motherboard - Gigabyte B550M DS3H

Solution
It could be the cheap LC-POWER LC600H-12 PSU. It is know to cause system instability.
That PSU might be ok for a system with integrated GPU.
By looking at the literature and specs, I don't think it even has a 80+ certification.
It could be the cheap LC-POWER LC600H-12 PSU. It is know to cause system instability.
By looking at the literature and specs, I don't think it even has a 80+ certification.

Solution
Oct 28, 2021
Yeah, there are mediocre PSUs that will work on light rigs, but this is so far below adequacy that it really shouldn't be used at all.

Thank you for your answers, the biggest problem is that I can't replicate the restart, it just happens random. I don't know how to test if I get the new PSU, but if the problem becomes more persistant I can bet on the PSU?

TRENDING THREADS