Pc randomly restarts (no restart outside pc case)

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
My pc restarts randomly. I ended up taking apart components from pc case and put them into wooden surface. My psu is a brand new one. System worked without problem. When i put into the case again, problem starts.

What can i do other than buying a new pc case?

Will new pc case solve my problem 100%?

Solution
Hi

have you checked the location of the brass mounting pillars for the motherboard?
one in the wrong place will cause serious problems
(eg if there is a pillar but no mounting hole in motherboard then the motherboard may be damaged)

A different case is unlikely to fix the problem

regards
Mike Barnes

Hi

have you checked the location of the brass mounting pillars for the motherboard?
one in the wrong place will cause serious problems
(eg if there is a pillar but no mounting hole in motherboard then the motherboard may be damaged)

A different case is unlikely to fix the problem

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012

Hello, i checked all of them, there are 6 of them. All look okay

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
For anyone who gets same issue, i want to make an update. In my first message, i said system worked without issues outside of case. But it seems it doesn't, i get restart issue after a longer usage, but its still there. I wandered hundreds of threads in different websites, changed psu, gpu, rams, hdd ,checked rams and hdd (both are ok), still no clue. So this system is retired and sleeping in my basement, i wish i didnt tried that hard to make it work tho.