[SOLVED] PC randomly restarts once every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Specs:

• PSU: 650W Thermaltake (2 years old)
  • CPU: i7-870 (6 months old)
  • CPU Cooler: GAMMAX 400 (6 months old)
  • GPU: GTX 960 STRIX (2 years old)
  • Mobo: MS-7163 (2 years old)
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 1666MHz (2 years old)
  • SSD: 250GB Kingston 2.5" (9 months old)
  • HDD: Seagate 1TB (2 years old)
For the past week when I turn on my computer, in the following hour my PC will reboot. After the initial reboot, it won't do it again for the rest of the day. Could any of you guys provide some tips or help to diagnose what part of my system is causing this.

If it helps, my Windows 10 license is about to expire and I think I read somewhere that your PC reboots every 4-5 hours if it's not activated??? I don't know if that's right but I would like help please! Thanks!

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
Sounds weird that it does that only once a day, an hour after you turn your pc on. Such things like coordinated restarts shouldnt be a problem of your hardware, but rather software, could be you installed some dodgy software that restarts your pc daily for some reasom

bobbyboi

Prominent
Jan 4, 2021
Sounds weird that it does that only once a day, an hour after you turn your pc on. Such things like coordinated restarts shouldnt be a problem of your hardware, but rather software, could be you installed some dodgy software that restarts your pc daily for some reasom
Haven't installed any dodgy software as far as I'm concerned. Do you reckon it could be my wallpaper engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.