Oct 13, 2022
having some issues with my pc recently need some help, so when i boot to bios its perfectly fine and no problem, when i try to install windows it randomly restarts and never turns on! I have changed the usb drive too thinking its usb problem, but it doesnt seem like that.
I have re-seeded the cpu, have 2 gpus to test with and both work fine, psu is perfectly good and ssd is also brand new and i tried with 5 different usb sticks to download windows
have also re set cmos battery by removing it and waiting 1 min and then putting it back on, tried doing the same with with 1 ram stick but the issue is same. Really pissed and need the pc to work asap as my work is halted.
anyone's help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

system config-
------------------
ryzen 5 5600x
16gb ddr4 3200mhz cl-16 ram
rtx 3080
750 watts psu
msi b550 m pro vdh wifi motherboard
in box cooler

having some issues with my pc recently need some help, so when i boot to bios its perfectly fine and no problem, when i try to install windows it randomly restarts and never turns on! I have changed the usb drive too thinking its usb problem, but it doesnt seem like that.
I have re-seeded the cpu, have 2 gpus to test with and both work fine, psu is perfectly good and ssd is also brand new and i tried with 5 different usb sticks to download windows
have also re set cmos battery by removing it and waiting 1 min and then putting it back on, tried doing the same with with 1 ram stick but the issue is same. Really pissed and need the pc to work asap as my work is halted.
anyone's help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

system config-
------------------
ryzen 5 5600x
16gb ddr4 3200mhz cl-16 ram
rtx 3080
750 watts psu
msi b550 m pro vdh wifi motherboard
in box cooler
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.

Boot the flash stick and let it run.

If it runs to completion with no errors a lot of the machine has to function.

Do you have a gpu that is a little less power demanding than a 3080?

Oct 13, 2022
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.

Boot the flash stick and let it run.

If it runs to completion with no errors a lot of the machine has to function.

Do you have a gpu that is a little less power demanding than a 3080?
without windows installed the memtest86 will run?
and yes i have a rtx 3060

Oct 13, 2022
You put memtest on a flash stick and boot the flash stick.

It does not care whether windows is installed or not.
ok so i did this test again and it didnt complete in middle of testing the pc restarted and didnt turn back on, like the test was 30% done and was in progress and the pc didnt let that complete and restarted

ok so i did this test again and it didnt complete in middle of testing the pc restarted and didnt turn back on, like the test was 30% done and was in progress and the pc didnt let that complete and restarted
If it fails with memtest86 that takes windows out of the mix.

Stay with memtest and start making the pc smaller.

Unplug all disk/disc.

Run memtest86.

Do you have the latest bios?

Oct 13, 2022
If it fails with memtest86 that takes windows out of the mix.

Stay with memtest and start making the pc smaller.

Unplug all disk/disc.

Run memtest86.

Do you have the latest bios?
I have latest bios and the pc is as smaller as it can be having just cpu with stock cooler, rtx 3060 and 1 ram stick, and its not letting me complete the test and restating in the middle of testing

Latest posts