Question Pc randomly restarts when not playing games

Apr 28, 2019
I’m kind of new to this forum and I’m looking for help. So my pc that I had for about 4 months had the same problem ever since I got it. The problem was the pc would always restart/reboot itself if I don’t have a game open in the background or if I’m not playing a game. If a game is open then it doesn’t restart. It drives me crazy to have to deal with opening a game just to watch YouTube.
My specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x
Gtx 1070 ti
16gb ddr4 2400 mhz ram (not sure of specific model)
2 tb hdd
240 gb ssd
Windows 10
Hopefully someone could help me with this. Please and thank you!

I’m kind of new to this forum and I’m looking for help. So my pc that I had for about 4 months had the same problem ever since I got it. The problem was the pc would always restart/reboot itself if I don’t have a game open in the background or if I’m not playing a game. If a game is open then it doesn’t restart. It drives me crazy to have to deal with opening a game just to watch YouTube.
My specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x
Gtx 1070 ti
16gb ddr4 2400 mhz ram (not sure of specific model)
2 tb hdd
240 gb ssd
Windows 10
Hopefully someone could help me with this. Please and thank you!
A lot of times the restarting is because of the system over heating or the Power supply is failing. Clean all your vents, you should have a clear path for air to floow thru your case. In the front and out the back/top. What power supply are you using?

Apr 28, 2019
A lot of times the restarting is because of the system over heating or the Power supply is failing. Clean all your vents, you should have a clear path for air to floow thru your case. In the front and out the back/top. What power supply are you using?
I can confirm nothing is overheating. Thermaltake smart 600w