Question Pc randomly restarts with no BSOD

Feb 6, 2022
This problem started way back in october last year and has been getting worse ever since and at first i thought it may have been my processor as it was quite old at the time so i had everything changed from the motherboard to the processor except the PSU,SSD and HDDs about a month ago and i have noticed that the problem only happens when the pc is idle or while im browsing and not while i was gaming and that sometimes using the microwave or blender would trigger a restart,i have already done a furmark test and everything is within normal range which makes me think that the psu is faulty but i thought about getting a second opinion before i do a swap test

Current Specs are as follows

MB:Asus B460M-Plus(wifi)

Cpu:i5-10400f with no overclocking

Gpu:Gtx 1660S

Ram:2x8 ddr4 at 2400MHz

PSU:650w Gamemax psu

Replace that Gamermax PSU. I'd just about bet the house that it is the problem. What is the EXACT model of your Gamemax PSU, not that it REALLY matters because they are all pretty much complete junk, but it would be good to know so we can look and see if that is a commonly problematic unit across the forums OR if there is, slim chance, a professional review of the specific model.

Also, try moving the tower and plugging it into a different outlet that is not on the same circuit as it's currently on or that the applicances are connected to.

Feb 6, 2022
Replace that Gamermax PSU. I'd just about bet the house that it is the problem. What is the EXACT model of your Gamemax PSU, not that it REALLY matters because they are all pretty much complete junk, but it would be good to know so we can look and see if that is a commonly problematic unit across the forums OR if there is, slim chance, a professional review of the specific model.

Also, try moving the tower and plugging it into a different outlet that is not on the same circuit as it's currently on or that the applicances are connected to.
It's a Gamemax GP-650 PSU

Feb 6, 2022
One of the worse on the market.

Replace the PSU. Seriously.

If it's fairly new, try to just return it for a refund.
Guess my suspicion on the PSU is confirmed
It is about a year old and the place i bought the old setup from got shutdown so ill just have to buy a new PSU also, is there any chance that the new parts got damaged from the restarts?

Many thanks in advance.

Guess my suspicion on the PSU is confirmed
It is about a year old and the place i bought the old setup from got shutdown so ill just have to buy a new PSU also, is there any chance that the new parts got damaged from the restarts?

Many thanks in advance.
Unlikely. Now, whether they may or may not have suffered any damage, even incremental damage, from that super cheap PSU, is anybody's guess. It's unlikely too, but it happens. This is exactly why you don't cheap out on the power supply. Ever.

It is LITERALLY the most important component in ANY system. Without it, working properly, supplying GOOD, CLEAN power to the components, nothing works properly. Buying a GOOD power supply should be the first place you start when putting a build together and all other components should find their budget AFTER subtracting for the purchase of a reliable PSU.