Pc randomly restarts.

Datboioh

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Started alittle under 4 weeks ago. My PC which has been fine now restarts itself without a error message or blue screen. after about an hour or two of use. I can turn it on right after, but if i do that it usually only stays on for a max of 10 minutes. If i let it sit for a while it runs for longer. I checked the temps, and nothing alarming.
I have
Intel Core i7
Gtx970
2 8gb corsair vengeance ram.
Crucial ssd
WD blue Hard drive.
Asrock motherboard
Coolermaster V650 power supply
Ive already tested the ram by trying each seperately.

Neur0nauT

Admirable
Check your event viewer....

Press: Win+r
Type: eventvwr (enter)
Once the Event Viewer opens....on the Left-hand sidebar click on: WINDOWS LOGS>SYSTEM
On the right-hand sidebar click on "Filter Current Log..."
Check the boxes for: "Critical, Warning, & Error" (Click OK)

This will display anything worth checking in regards to your crashes. Look down the list to the last crash time. And inspect the info for any clues that are "critical" or "error"

Mxhawthy

Distinguished
Both me and my dad have had this exact same problem before. First it was my dad's PC. I completely took it apart to rebuild it after I ran out of ideas (I checked temps and stuff like you). While I was doing this, when it came to putting the PSU into the PC, I noticed it was clogged with dust. I just cleaned it up and my dad's PC has been fine since.

Then same thing happened to me only last year, and this time, I checked for dust first, and it was. Not the PSU this time, but the vent where my PSU was drawing-in air was covered. So I would check for dust in/around your PSU.

Datboioh

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

the only thing this showed me was the time that it shutdown. not why