[SOLVED] Pc randomly restarts

Jan 9, 2021
My pc randomly restarts on its own when playing

This all started when I got a new motherboard and cpu before I never had this issue. When I got the new motherboard it was already broken and also had the restart issue so I had it replaced and it still has the restart issue. So I thought it had to be the cpu but whenever I stress check it, it works perfectly so I am just lost.

I've stress tested my cpu and gpu and it goes fine, then the moment i play a game like valorant my pc just restarts and the thing is, if it restarts on it's own and i quickly try to rejoin a game once it boots up my pc restarts on its own almost instantly.

I've even reinstalled windows again to make sure it wasn't something i downloaded and it is still happening.
I've already deleted drivers from my graphics card and reinstalled and it is still happening

Let me add when i do the Gpu stress test when my pc boots up it crashes, however if i wait a while after my pc boots and do a gpu stress test it doesnt crash

i really need some help with the situation.

My specs are:
2060 super - Graphics card
ryzen 7 3800x - Cpu
16gb 3000mhz ddr4 - Ram
850w psu Evga gold rated + - Power supply
Rog strix b450-f gaming - Motherboard

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
There is a very recent bios version and although a beta version might it be good to try it,

Version 4102 (Bètaversion) from 2021/01/07
Guess you reused the ram, thinking about ram incompatibility, hope the update will make that better. The ram sticks are in the second and fourth slot from the cpu out?

Other thing, did you reinstall windows? If not could be causing a problem as well.

Otherwise, did you look at temperatures? Check if the cpu fan is on properly. Check all motherboard connectors and power connectors.

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".

Jan 9, 2021
There is a very recent bios version and although a beta version might it be good to try it,

Guess you reused the ram, thinking about ram incompatibility, hope the update will make that better. The ram sticks are in the second and fourth slot from the cpu out?

Other thing, did you reinstall windows? If not could be causing a problem as well.

Otherwise, did you look at temperatures? Check if the cpu fan is on properly. Check all motherboard connectors and power connectors.

Jan 9, 2021
Yes I have reinstalled windows. The ram sticks are in slot 2 and 4. I’ll try downloading the beta version of the bios update and see what happens with that. Also I’m almost certain it’s not temps being to high as I checked them before my pc restarts on its own

TRENDING THREADS