[SOLVED] Pc randomly restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re0x

Prominent
Dec 4, 2020
Pc randomly turns black and i see the bios, then it starts normally.
It usually happends when i'm in a game, but it sometimes happends when i'm just browsing.
I have tought about it being my 2-3 year old hdd that my windows is on, i want to switch to an ssd but maybe i find an alternative way to fix this problem.
I never reset my windows, because i have too many things to back up.
It also restarts when i punch the desk. Yes, the power supply cable is all the way in.

I didnt monitor my temperatures while gaming but i let my pc run furmark for half an hour and it had maximum 80°C gpu.
Also ran Cinebench r23 on my cpu.
Max. 75°C
It underclocked from 4200mhz to 4125mhz
Score: 11293

Edit: The event viewer just shows this: The previous system shutdown at 8:25:39 PM on ‎1/‎17/‎2022 was unexpected.
Edit2: My computer doesnt use that much power and my power supply has a low consuption mode that turns the power supply fan off. It's always off.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x undervolted
Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE
GPU: AMD Radeon RX570 4GB Armor OC
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750x
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (dont really know the RPM)

Thanks and sorry for bad english :)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, pinched or kinked wires, browning or blackening anywhere, swollen components.

How old is the PSU? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing or bit mining?

Possible that PSU is nearing its designed in EOL and starting to falter or fail in some manner when power demands are too much - however brief.

Re0x

Prominent
Dec 4, 2020
Sure this is stable? What happens if you undo the undervolt?
It is stable, I tested it multiple times before sticking to the undervolt. I only use it for lower temperatures, so if i undo the undervolt, i'll just have higher temperatures.

Last edited:

Re0x

Prominent
Dec 4, 2020
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, pinched or kinked wires, browning or blackening anywhere, swollen components.

How old is the PSU? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing or bit mining?

Possible that PSU is nearing its designed in EOL and starting to falter or fail in some manner when power demands are too much - however brief.

I have the PSU for 1 year. I play fh5, I edit using after effects, my pc freezes from time to time, and i didnt really mine btc. I'll try to look for visible damage and reseat the connectors tho.

Re0x

Prominent
Dec 4, 2020
Alright, the issue was that my hdd was failing and automatically shutting down by itself. I switched to a m.2 ssd and everything is good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS