Question PC randomly runs Bad/Good

Parkerino

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Hey so have been having this problem with my PC

When i first start it up it will start up normal or the Mouse, Keyboard and monitors wont connect as if they aint plugged in. I might have to restart it or turn the power off up to 10 times to get it to turn on with everything connected.
Then when it starts up and everything is on it may be running super laggy and i get 0-30 fps in games so i have to go through the process above again or it will be running good like it should
When this happens also it seems to me that its a GPU issue only because Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager with be siting at 40%-70% GPU usage and when they both spike high the PC just freezes and i have to restart it. While this happens any game will be taking up next to nothing of the GPU

I have done a fresh install of windows updated everything, cleaned out nvidia drivers with ddu and done malware scans. The whole time the GPU and CPU run at below 30 degrees (86f)

its just annoying because it does and can run really good

Specs are
MB: Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI WB
CPU: i7-8700k
16gb ram
psu: thermaltake toughpower 1000w

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to determine what may be causing the spikes.

Open the case and check that all cables, cards, jumper, RAM are fully and firmly seated.

Clean the case if that has not been done and the case is full of dust, debris, dead bugs, etc..

How old is the PSU? Was it new, used, refurbished?

Parkerino

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Ok so looked at Reliability History and a few errors came up. one is windows not being shut down properly but that will be because the PC just freezes but there is another that i think happens the same time the freeze from last night. this is the copy and paste of it.

Problem
Hardware error

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffe10d71db4060
Parameter 2: fffff802355e5850
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 4
OS version: 10_0_18362
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081