Question PC Randomly Shut Down, VGA Light On No Longer Posts

Sep 13, 2022
I had a previous problem where my pc randomly shut down and had the cpu light on and wouldnt post. Turns out it was the motherboard and after I replaced it(with a new cpu and psu) it worked fine and then last night while I was programming again it shut off and wouldnt POST anymore. As stated above its stuck on VGA light, the funny thing is when I swapped my current GPU(Rx 580) for my old one(gt 730) the VGA and BOOT light stays on and then goes blank after a few seconds which then my pc either stays on with all the case led and fans running or itll shut off completely. I'm again out of ideas... Checked CPU pins it looks good, all wires are tight, currently resetting CMOS but I doubt it'll do anything, tried one RAM stick at a time, tried re wiring and everything. Once again I'm stuck...

Specs:
CPU-Ryzen 5 5600x(bought 2 days ago)
MB-MSI B550 Gaming Plus(bought 2 days ago)
PSU-Corsair RM850x(bought 2 days ago)
RAM-2x 8GB Vengeance LPX(bought est 1yr)
GPU-Rx 580 8gb(bought est 1 yr)
GPU for testing(GT 730)

I had a previous problem where my pc randomly shut down and had the cpu light on and wouldnt post. Turns out it was the motherboard and after I replaced it(with a new cpu and psu) it worked fine and then last night while I was programming again it shut off and wouldnt POST anymore. As stated above its stuck on VGA light, the funny thing is when I swapped my current GPU(Rx 580) for my old one(gt 730) the VGA and BOOT light stays on and then goes blank after a few seconds which then my pc either stays on with all the case led and fans running or itll shut off completely. I'm again out of ideas... Checked CPU pins it looks good, all wires are tight, currently resetting CMOS but I doubt it'll do anything, tried one RAM stick at a time, tried re wiring and everything. Once again I'm stuck...

Specs:
CPU-Ryzen 5 5600x(bought 2 days ago)
MB-MSI B550 Gaming Plus(bought 2 days ago)
PSU-Corsair RM850x(bought 2 days ago)
RAM-2x 8GB Vengeance LPX(bought est 1yr)
GPU-Rx 580 8gb(bought est 1 yr)
GPU for testing(GT 730)
Maybe try to do a bios flashback to the latest bios?

Tried, it didn’t fix anything. Maybe it’s a CPU problem? I remember it stating it was overheating, tightened the cooler and the warning went away.
if you tried every component on other board and nothing's bad happened then it could be a mobo issue

but also if you tightened the cooler too tight it could be the cause, i remember doing this and the board wont turn on (B450M Steel Legend).