[SOLVED] Pc randomly shut down, won't even boot now.

Oct 13, 2020
Hey, couple days ago my PC just shut down, without Bluescreen or anything and then wouldn't even boot properly.
At first he crashed during boot a couple times, mostly with Bluescreen though, giving me the following error messages:
Kmode exception mit handled
System thread exception not handled
System service failed. Dxgsys
Page fault in nonpaged area
Critical process died
Everytime one of those, but no particular order. Since i thought it was a software/driver issue, i tried to uninstall recently installed updates via repair options, but it crashed every time within seconds of me trying. At one point i gave up for the day. Next day he wouldn't even turn on at all. I tried to unplug everything, checked every component, every cable, but nothing worked. Only thing that was on was a red CPU control LED on my motherboard. Fast forward 2 days, i rebuild it from scratch and i could turn it on again. Booting still won't work, but no crashes anymore.
Things i've tried: Starting in safe mode. Didn't work. sfc /scannow. Couldn't complete due to "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" chkdsk. No corrupt files. Then i tried to reinstall windows, but the installation bluescreens with: pfn list corrupt or irql not less vor equal as error message.
I tried to look up about every error message, googled every problem i had individually, but got no real answers. Could be about anything. The PC is roughly 4 month old and i could make use of my warranties, but what am i supposed to send in?
My rig:
650 Watt Seasonic Focus PX ATX 2.4 80 PLUS Platinum (115V) (FOCUS-PX-650)
6GB XFX Radeon RX 5600 XT THICC III Ultra Aktiv PCIe 4.0 x16 (Retail)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6x 3.60GHz So.AM4 BOX
500GB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC (MZ-V7E500BW)
Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite AMD B450 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
16GB G.Skill Flare X für AMD schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
Thanks in advance!

Solution
I get bsod even when i try to boot in safe mode.
I tried to reinstall windows with via a new installation media. Crashes aswell.
I tried booting with one ram module aswell on different slots. Changes nothing.
Try installing Windows on a different disk. Make sure to have only one disk connected during Windows setup.
If you are still getting the same issue then run Memtest86 from a USB and test you RAM.
The system won't boot even in Safe Mode?
If you can enter Windows in Safe Mode disable Fast Startup

You could have a corrupted Windows installation. Try creating a new installation Media.

Try with only one RAM module and see if it boots.

A Dxgkrnl.sys BSOD is usually related to the video card drivers or in few cases a faulty GPU.
The Kmode exception not handled could be related to the same driver.

Oct 13, 2020
The system won't boot even in Safe Mode?
If you can enter Windows in Safe Mode disable Fast Startup

You could have a corrupted Windows installation. Try creating a new installation Media.

Try with only one RAM module and see if it boots.

A Dxgkrnl.sys BSOD is usually related to the video card drivers or in few cases a faulty GPU.
The Kmode exception not handled could be related to the same driver.

Try installing Windows on a different disk. Make sure to have only one disk connected during Windows setup.
If you are still getting the same issue then run Memtest86 from a USB and test you RAM.

Solution
Oct 13, 2020

Okay, thank you for the quick response. I don't have access to a different disk at the moment, but will do as soon as i can.
If both of those options give no result, what would be your next guess, if i may ask?

Okay, thank you for the quick response. I don't have access to a different disk at the moment, but will do as soon as i can.
If both of those options give no result, what would be your next guess, if i may ask?
If the PC is powering on fine, does not power off by itself when in the BIOS, RAM passes the test , and only encounter issues when Windows is installed or been installed...then the issue is the disk, the Windows installation media or the GPU.

Oct 13, 2020
If the PC is powering on fine, does not power off by itself when in the BIOS, RAM passes the test , and only encounter issues when Windows is installed or been installed...then the issue is the disk, the Windows installation media or the GPU.
Okay, lovely, i can work with this much information. Thank you very much!

TRENDING THREADS