Question Pc randomly shut off and gpu overheat

Oct 5, 2021
I was playing games , not monitoring my temps and my pc randomly shut off. My fans usually compensate for higher temps so they rev up but I didn't notice anything. I powered it back on immediately and ran a game for a few hours while checking temps and everything was good. The next day my gpu was thermal throttling and got so hot my pc restarted. Then after I tested it for a few hours..temps are fine.. could this be a driver issue? Bios? Virus? Causing this
System spec
Asrock b450 steel legend
Ryzen 5 5600x
Rx 6700xt
Ram is corsair vengeance rgb 32gb
Psu is corsair RM 750W

Last edited:
"Psu is corsair RM 750W"
-Does not include the exact model of your particular corsair RM PSU.

"Ram is corsair vengeance rgb 32gb"
-Does not include the speed, or if its 4x8, 2x 16, 1x32, or timmings, or the kit model number

What motherboard BIOS version are you on? What version of GPU driver are you on? How old is the PSU? What is the exact make and model of the 6700 xt? How are you cooling the 5600x?

Oct 5, 2021
"Psu is corsair RM 750W"
-Does not include the exact model of your particular corsair RM PSU.

"Ram is corsair vengeance rgb 32gb"
-Does not include the speed, or if its 4x8, 2x 16, 1x32, or timmings, or the kit model number

What motherboard BIOS version are you on? What version of GPU driver are you on? How old is the PSU? What is the exact make and model of the 6700 xt? How are you cooling the 5600x?

Latest bios and latest gpu drivers , the psu is 3 months old , 6700xt red devil , 5700xt is cooled by 240m coolermaster aio