[SOLVED] PC randomly shutdown and wont start at cold boot (not psu problem)

Sep 16, 2020
(sorry for my bad eng)
My pc keep randomly shutdown , sometime shutdown when gaming, sometimes shutdown when using chrome, even in bios settting also will shutdown(i tried clean install window 10) and it wont start at cold boot like after fully shutdown plug out the power cable or overnight, it have to restart several time to boot up successful
I tried change psu from thermaltake 550w to corsair 750w , change motherboard from intel dh61bf to asus p8b75-v, change 4 different ram at different ram slot (1333mhz and 1600mhz) , but pc still will shutdown. It will not shutdown immediately, first my monitor, keyboard and mouse light out but the cpu fan still running about 20-30 sec then fully shutdown
And when i restart it , sometimes it will show me bios setting and say overclocking fail but i never overclock it, i tried set it to power saving, normal and performance mode but still same. Almost all bios setting i tried to change but problem still occur.
My CPU temperature is around 40 when idle and up to 70 when gaming. GPU works fine

My pc spec:
OS: Windows 10 x64 version 2004 (clean reinstall two times)
CPU: Intel i5 2500 (non k)
CPU FAN: Cooler master i70c
RAM: Crucial DDR3 8GB 1333mhz
MOBO: Asus P8B75-v
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1060 6GB
SSD: Silicon Power 256GB Sata3
HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Please help me, or should i just go for new cpu motherboard ram bundle, other components still work fine

Last edited:
Solution
(sorry for my bad eng)
My pc keep randomly shutdown , sometime shutdown when gaming, sometimes shutdown when using chrome, even in bios seeting also will shutdown(i tried clean install window 10) and it wont start at cold boot like after fully shutdown plug out the power cable or overnight, it have to restart several time to boot up successful
I tried change psu from thermaltake 550w to corsair 750w , change motherboard from intel dh61bf to asus p8b75-v, change 4 different ram at different ram slot (1333mhz and 1600mhz) , but pc still will shutdown. It will not shutdown immediately, first my monitor, keyboard and mouse light out but the cpu fan still running about 20-30 sec then fully shutdown
And when i restart it , sometimes it...
Aug 22, 2020
Look at your cpu tempurature. If its too high it will cause the system to shut down to prevent damage. By the way. How old is your hard drive? Usually about 6-10 years after use they start to bug up and die. Also what power supply do you have? if the wattage rating is too small it can shut down so it doesnt overload the power supply and cause an electrical short,

Burigeller

Reputable
Sep 16, 2020
(sorry for my bad eng)
My pc keep randomly shutdown , sometime shutdown when gaming, sometimes shutdown when using chrome, even in bios seeting also will shutdown(i tried clean install window 10) and it wont start at cold boot like after fully shutdown plug out the power cable or overnight, it have to restart several time to boot up successful
And when i restart it , sometimes it will show me bios setting and say overclocking fail but i never overclock it, i tried set it to power saving, normal and performance mode but still same. Almost all bios setting i tried to change but problem still occur.
My CPU temperature is around 40 when idle and up to 70 when gaming. GPU works fine

My pc spec:
OS: Windows 10 x64 version 2009 (clean reinstall two times)
CPU: Intel i5 2500 (non k)
CPU FAN: Cooler master i70c
RAM: Crucial DDR3 8GB 1333mhz
MOBO: Asus P8B75-v
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1060 6GB
SSD: Silicon Power 256GB Sata3
HDD: WD Blue 1TB

Please help me, or should i just go for new cpu motherboard ram bundle, other components still work fine
Try resetting the BIOS, if the problem still occurs try installing windows on another Drive and try it with that (dont think that will change anything but worth a shot) all in all its sounds like a CPU problem for me and a i5 2500 is more than just outdated. so bear in my of maybe having to change your CPU.

Solution
Sep 16, 2020
Look at your cpu tempurature. If its too high it will cause the system to shut down to prevent damage. By the way. How old is your hard drive? Usually about 6-10 years after use they start to bug up and die. Also what power supply do you have? if the wattage rating is too small it can shut down so it doesnt overload the power supply and cause an electrical short,
temperature is fine, about 40°c on idle, and gaming up to 70°c
my ssd used about one year
my corsair cx750m 80+ bronze psu work fine, my friend test with my old thermaltake 550w on his rig also work fine, so not the psu problem

Sep 16, 2020
Try resetting the BIOS, if the problem still occurs try installing windows on another Drive and try it with that (dont think that will change anything but worth a shot) all in all its sounds like a CPU problem for me and a i5 2500 is more than just outdated. so bear in my of maybe having to change your CPU.
already tried reset bios, and running the lastest bios version from asus website,
but the drive i used to install window just used about one year, and i check the ssd status all fine, maybe cpu problem cuz i tried change all component except the cpu, maybe i just go for r5 3600 or i5 10400, i already spend so much money on the old rig

Reactions: Burigeller