PC Randomly Shutdowns While Playing High End Games

Oct 24, 2018
My system unit suddenly shuts down after more or less 30mins of gameplay with high end games like GTAV, Watchdogs, Tomb Raider, etc. in max settings. It doesnt power on again unless i unplug it and let it rest for like a minute.

Processor: Core i5 8400 8th Gen
Mobo: Asus Prime B360M-D
Graphics card: Galax GeForce GTX1060
8gb ram
Cooler Master MWE 450w
All parts are brand new (just bought it last monday)
Windows10
DirectX11

But when i play other games or do other activities on it, it doesnt shut down. Help me please.

First I would be looking at the temps.

You can do this with Afterburner, HWInfo or HWMonitor.

Ideally you would want your temps...I'd say around 75C or less.

If your temps are in order, next I would look at the PSU voltages.

HWInfo and HWMonitor will show you voltages.

The voltages should be within +/-5% of nominal (what they are supposed to be).

+12, +5 and +3.3

hendrickhere

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
Describe the shut down.

After you check you temps and PSU and determine they are OK you may be experiencing a motherboard issue or an issue with your GPU. It's possible a driver update may help (I know you just got it recently but there was a recent major NVIDIA driver that may have something to do with it).

Oct 24, 2018
I took my unit to the store where i bought it and they arent really sure what is the problem. We tried almost everything. Tried testing the temps of every parts and it is stable. Tried replacing each parts like the motherboard, ram, power supply up to 500w, updated the bios but still it doesnt fix the problem. Any more ideas?

Rexer

Distinguished
8gb of ram? You may want at least another 4gb. GTA is a big map game. What they say are minimum requirements are not enough.
Let's try some cheap fixes.
Download and install the lastest bios. Asus has some pretty buggy bios stuff earlier in the year and the latest is the greatest. No pun intended.
These look like Steam games. As a courtesy, Steam games like to remember game settings as a courtesy to the gamer. This is a good thing. If you ever need to repair, uninstall/reinstall your games, your settings will be there. BUT sometimes it'll remember a crash like a game settings. In games, look for 'default', 'default settings' or 'reset', 'reset game' and click it. Make sure to write down your game settings as they will be gone.
Hope this helps.