Question PC randomly shuts down (but it is not a problem with the CPU or PSU)(PLS HELP)

Mendoza97

Commendable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2022
I've been having an issue where my PC randomly shuts down. It used to mostly only happen when playing games, but I've noticed that it's also happening when I'm multitasking, using google chrome and other applications at the same time (could be a coincidence). I've used benchmark applications before and I have not been able to recreate a shutdown. My CPU temps are fine and stay between 40-60 degrees, and my GPU stays under 70 degrees. I have recently changed my power supply to see if that was the problem, but the issue still persists. Could someone please let me know what could be causing this, and if it could be caused by a problem with the motherboard, or other components. I have also, a while ago, once tried updating the bios of my motherboard, but that led to my PC shutting down more consistently when opening certain games, so I downgraded back to my current bios (I don't know if that helps)

Specs:
16gb Tforce Delta Ram
Evga GTX 1080 SC2
Intel i7 8700
PSU: Be Quiet 600w
Motherboard: Asus Prime B360M-K

All help is appreciated, and please ask if you want me to clarify any details

Last edited:

Mendoza97

Commendable
BANNED
Mar 4, 2022
PSU is not good, that’s Corsairs lowest quality unit and 550w is the minimum wattage you want for that system. My guess is this is likely a psu problem. You really want a high quality 650w, like the RMx.
Yes I know. I previously had a 600w Be Quiet PSU and the issue still occurred with that psu. So as I've said, I changed it to this corsair PSU which works, but the problem still occurs. So I know it's not an issue with the PSU. But I will edit the post