[SOLVED] PC Randomly Shuts down by itself

May 8, 2020
Ok every 5-10 times a month my computer shuts off itself it doesn't say "restarting" it just shuts down, and turns on by itself. My power supply is the RMx White Series™ RM750x — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU. Was wondering if anyone else has a fix to this or is it my PSU?
PC Specs:
Gigabyte Auros Ultra Z390
i7 9700k CPU
32GB RAM Corsair 3200 GB (4SLOTS)
1TB Western Digital SSD
500 GB 860 EVO SSD
RTX 2080 Super. (Not my GPU Since I upgraded my GPU and problem is still ongoing.

Solution
Yea no only thing I changed was the DRAM Frequency. I think I fixed it but not sure, my NVME SSD Wasn't screwed down, and I'm not sure if that could be it, but that's not where my bootable drive is set to be. I will see if that was the problem
DRAM frequency or voltage can cause instability too. This SSD you mentioned may be a possible cause as well, but less likely.

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Ok every 5-10 times a month my computer shuts off itself it doesn't say "restarting" it just shuts down, and turns on by itself. My power supply is the RMx White Series™ RM750x — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU. Was wondering if anyone else has a fix to this or is it my PSU?
PC Specs:
Gigabyte Auros Ultra Z390
i7 9700k CPU
32GB RAM Corsair 3200 GB (4SLOTS)
1TB Western Digital SSD
500 GB 860 EVO SSD
RTX 2080 Super. (Not my GPU Since I upgraded my GPU and problem is still ongoing.
There is any overclocking going on? Could be an unstable OC.

May 8, 2020
If you are tweaking with your multiplier and some voltages, you can make your system unstable. The OC usually starts when you raise your multiplier beyond the "stock" frequency.
Yea no only thing I changed was the DRAM Frequency. I think I fixed it but not sure, my NVME SSD Wasn't screwed down, and I'm not sure if that could be it, but that's not where my bootable drive is set to be. I will see if that was the problem

Maikurosofuto

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
DRAM frequency or voltage can cause instability too. This SSD you mentioned may be a possible cause as well, but less likely.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS