PC randomly shuts down following new Video Card Install

Apr 14, 2018
Hi all, just installed a new graphics card and SSD into my desktop today to try and upgrade it to something more useful for modern gaming. Machine worked fine whilst installing drivers/applications etc. for the first 4 hours, however once I started a game on steam it crashed within 30 seconds of game play (i should add that this occurred whilst stationary in the game so not a strenuous load on the GPU). Specs of the machine are below:

O/S: Windows 10
CPU: Intel i5 750 2.66GHz
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair DDR3 sticks
SDD: 500GB Samsung Evo
Video Card: Asus GTX1050 Ti Phoenix 4GB (upgraded from GTX260)
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3R
PSU: GreatWall GW700SEL 700W PSU

When it shut down everything in the case switched off and a power button start was required to bring it all back on (did not automatically restart and no BSOD). I noted CPU temp to be at 70 degrees in BIOS upon restart which is high but again not what I would think would be causing the shut down. I gave the PC a good dust out when installing the the hardware and CPU and the heatsink looked clear.

I realise that the PSU being a Great Wall is likely a PoS but it seemed to support my previous set up fine, different now is that the GPU is solely fed from the motherboard vice the 6-pin connectors direct from the PSU. Any advice/ideas on how I can fix this without buying a new PSU would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Your last sentence was pointless, you need to get a decent PSU for a start, then sort out any remaining issues.

There's no avoiding that if you want to get this fixed.