[SOLVED] PC randomly shuts down power, no idea why

evilan1

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Hey everyone,
I got a problem with my PC.

PC shut downs randomly, sometimes even directly after a new day startup. Most of the time during gaming. This problem started to happen after I installed a 2nd ssd-disk... I think. Not sure.
I hope you guys can find out the problem... and if yes... I hope you guys can tell me how to solve this. I would really appreciate this. Thanks !

MMW52Xy.png

sXHx0Mt.png

NHGSnnw.png

lSPU1Iv.png

TExID2c.png

Solution
See those temperatures? Your cooling solution isn't working and your PC is shutting itself down to keep from destroying itself. Your temperatures are essentially 60 degrees of Celsius too high or so from what you would expect from the CPU load in a normally functioning PC, which is a frighteningly large amount of overheating; you should not even have this PC running until you can verify your cooler is still functioning and still properly attached.

DSzymborski

Titan
See those temperatures? Your cooling solution isn't working and your PC is shutting itself down to keep from destroying itself. Your temperatures are essentially 60 degrees of Celsius too high or so from what you would expect from the CPU load in a normally functioning PC, which is a frighteningly large amount of overheating; you should not even have this PC running until you can verify your cooler is still functioning and still properly attached.

Solution

evilan1

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Thanks for your comments. I checked out what was going on, and turns out the processor-cooler wasn't properly attached which caused the thermo-pasta to dry out. I bought a new processor-cooler and it was really hard to properly attached it, because my motherboard keeps moving a bit with it. Propably the motherboard wasn't properly attached either ? But I couldn't fix that proplem because all screws were already properly attached to it.

Here is the new screenshot.

jTwYUtA.png

I hope this looks good ?

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for your comments. I checked out what was going on, and turns out the processor-cooler wasn't properly attached which caused the thermo-pasta to dry out. I bought a new processor-cooler and it was really hard to properly attached it, because my motherboard keeps moving a bit with it. Propably the motherboard wasn't properly attached either ? But I couldn't fix that proplem because all screws were already properly attached to it.

Here is the new screenshot.

jTwYUtA.png

I hope this looks good ?
much better!! a bit afraid tho, you said your mobo moves around???