Pc randomly shuts down-restart (tecra m11 eu ,win 10,8gb ram,ddr3 mobo,300 gb hdd,screen also not working)

Neroid

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hello people of tom's hardware,ive been tackled with a mild problem you see i have a laptop from toshiba tecra m11 europe-greek edition and i got the problem that the last year it always restarts(frequently like per minute or up to an hour),it had a serious heating problem so i applied new thermal paste(artic silver 5 3 gr) and re applied the heat sink-fan and the problem of heating got lowered(but not gone completely idle 25-50 in work up to 70) either way,problem is that the laptop closes suddenly at any momment of works notice,i tried formatting the hdd then but the problem still persists ,the sound it makes when it closes is the same as if i was pressing the power off button(the laptop doesnt do any sound if it closes by windows pannel,but it does if the power key is pressed).
I thank you in advance for any help.

Solution
My Dell does exactly the same when the processor overheats, completely shuts down without warning, or even worse, a screeching sound along with the blue screen of death.

Have you thought of buying one of those stands or bases that go underneath the laptop and include a form of cooling? It's a cheap option that can be returned if it doesn't fix your problem.

Good luck, Neroid .... Dave

doctoordave77

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
My Dell does exactly the same when the processor overheats, completely shuts down without warning, or even worse, a screeching sound along with the blue screen of death.

Have you thought of buying one of those stands or bases that go underneath the laptop and include a form of cooling? It's a cheap option that can be returned if it doesn't fix your problem.

Good luck, Neroid .... Dave

Solution