Question PC randomly shuts down when not using, or randomly stutters

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
So, i bought a prebuilt pc some months ago, and from the beggining i've been experiencing this problem when the pc shuts down after the boot or after not using it for some time.
When it "shuts down" the fans are still working (the power is off for mouse and keyboard), and im not able to shut it down with a power button hold so i need to turn off the psu.
And another problem is the weird stutter which i cant explain really good... It appears that the whole system becomes glitchy (the sound, the mouse, the video) like a constant fps drops.
Ive been experiencing the shutdown problem from the beggining when it was consistent every time (but no stutters). Now the shutdown is less frequent but the stutter is getting annoying, especially when in game.
Any help would be higly appriciated!
My specs:
-biostar am4 b450
-Amd ryzen 3 3200g
-nvidia rtx 2060
-hyperx 8gb ddr4
-450w unknown psu

Well you don't have to look further than this :

"450w unknown psu"

That's the issue with pre-built. They give you a cheap PSU that is worth 20-30 bux to get more profit.

Unless you can tell me the exact brand and model or show me the voltages information on the PSU I will assume that this PSU is a firestarter and not adequate to give enough power to your system. That RTX 2060 recommended PSU is a 500 Watts of a good brand and model. That 450 Watts is probably not a 450 Watts.

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
Well you don't have to look further than this :

"450w unknown psu"

That's the issue with pre-built. They give you a cheap PSU that is worth 20-30 bux to get more profit.

Unless you can tell me the exact brand and model or show me the voltages information on the PSU I will assume that this PSU is a firestarter and not adequate to give enough power to your system. That RTX 2060 recommended PSU is a 500 Watts of a good brand and model. That 450 Watts is probably not a 450 Watts.
Wow, thanks for the fast response...
Yeah i know they just make profit on that kind of stuff.
Its some crappy psu (im new here so how can i post my own photo?).
And it also bothers me why does it happen only when not under the workload and its completely random (sometimes it works no problem, sometimes it doesnt). And my question is could it also be the cheaper motherboard?
EDIT: The psu is "FSP SP500-A" (worth about 35euro here)

Wow, thanks for the fast response...
Yeah i know they just make profit on that kind of stuff.
Its some crappy psu (im new here so how can i post my own photo?).
And it also bothers me why does it happen only when not under the workload and its completely random (sometimes it works no problem, sometimes it doesnt). And my question is could it also be the cheaper motherboard?

Could be since this is a 80 dollars motherboard. Seems like they really decided to go with the most cheapest part they could manage.

You can post your own picture by going to imgur.com and at the top left of that website just post your picture there. Come back here and post the link they have you there so I can see your picture.

The most common cause of your issues is the PSU. So you should start with that. Doesn't really matter if you're at idle or full load. If a PSU is defect it will just do as it please until it fails and could damage your other parts.

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
Could be since this is a 80 dollars motherboard. Seems like they really decided to go with the most cheapest part they could manage.

You can post your own picture by going to imgur.com and at the top left of that website just post your picture there. Come back here and post the link they have you there so I can see your picture.

The most common cause of your issues is the PSU. So you should start with that. Doesn't really matter if you're at idle or full load. If a PSU is defect it will just do as it please until it fails and could damage your other parts.
Thanks, the pc still has warranty so i will first try pointing the problems out for them. What Im afraid of is that they wont bother upgrading the psu at all. And even if they would they will probably replace it with the new crappy one. And if they dont do it ill need to replace it myself, its just that the options here are very limited with psu-s.
I wont be able to send them the pc any time soon, but as soon as i do ill come back to tell the results.

Thanks, the pc still has warranty so i will first try pointing the problems out for them. What Im afraid of is that they wont bother upgrading the psu at all. And even if they would they will probably replace it with the new crappy one. And if they dont do it ill need to replace it myself, its just that the options here are very limited with psu-s.
I wont be able to send them the pc any time soon, but as soon as i do ill come back to tell the results.

Yeah if it's under warranty let them handle it. Did you buy that RTX 2060 after you bought the pre-built?

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
Yeah if it's under warranty let them handle it. Did you buy that RTX 2060 after you bought the pre-built?
I dont have high hopes if i let THEM handle it if you know what i mean :D If they knew what they were doing they wouldnt put this system together at the first place... It was them who put the 2060. It was the only "more powerful" gpu in my price range (i knew i would be sacrificing other components) but the options were so limited. This one was on a sale so it was half the price of the same gpu + better cpu combo. But i doubt they would put better components overall, they just want the profit...

C0dename FLuX

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
Ok, I'm back after a long wait... The PC is finnaly back from the provider's service shop. And the results are damn dissapointing. They swapped out my ssd out of all things 😑 Sooo my data is gone now, but even more importantly that of course didn't fix the obvious problem. I'm not suspicious of the psu anymore becouse they did the stress test on the pc and didn't have problems. My guess now is the motherboard. But damn i'm even more dissapointed on the service than i expected. Now i will have to send it to them again for the same loop of processes which will again lead to nothing at the end. I'm thinking about asking for the money back, but i doubt i will.