[SOLVED] PC randomly shuts down!

Apr 10, 2020
Hello everyone, so i'm having problem with my new pc at any time it restarts (shut down and then starts again). there is no delay then shut down in instantly starts booting up and then after some time again same time.

I was checking temperature of CPU and GPU then playing Forza Horizon 4 or World War Z GPU temp average is 63C and CPU is 50C, but i noticed that my SSD M.2 is really hot ( can't even touch it) with old SSD I had problem that pc didn't find it but after varanty they changed so after that I have no problem with SSD.

I changed my PSU and SSD but it still randomly shut downs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
RAM: ADATA XPG Gammix D10
PSU: Corsair VS Series™ VS650
Bios version F50

I was checking Windows Event Viewer and then it shut downs it was showing event ID 41 but BugCheckCode is 0 so it doesn't save the error.

if I can try something or need more info about PC write I will try to respond as fast as I can.

I think that my Motherboard might be the problem but I'm not sure about it.

Last edited:
Solution
This is a new PC right? Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 with that system or did you use an older HDD/SSD with the OS already installed on it?

Your issue is your Power Supply. The VS series is horrible. I don't know if you had your PSU for a long time but it's probably a faulty PSU. I would recommend you replace the PSU with something of good quality. Forget the VS series of Corsair. It was bad when it came out years ago.

A PC rebooting by itself is related to power. You normally point the finger at a low quality PSU first.
Apr 9, 2020
Check cables and scan the ram for faults. An sdd will get hot so imo not the problem.
Maybe an unstable clock, not enough volts to the cpu will shutdown the system and reboot. Maybe a bios reset to default settings can fix it's as it sets everything to auto.

Download HWMonitor and look at the mobo temps and what voltages you get.
Voltages should remain within 5%. So for example: 12 V 5 % of that is 0.6v so it should stay between 11.4v and 12.6v

Do the reboots only happen when playing games or even if you're doing nothing on the desktop.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2020
Check cables and scan the ram for faults. An sdd will get hot so imo not the problem.
Maybe an unstable clock, not enough volts to the cpu will shutdown the system and reboot. Maybe a bios reset to default settings can fix it's as it sets everything to auto.

Voltages should remain within 5%. So for example: 12 V 5 % of that is 0.6v so it should stay between 11.4v and 12.6v

Do the reboots only happen when playing games or even if you're doing nothing on the desktop.

So i tried to do RAM test and it showed no error even in Window Event viewer.
And i don't know about Voltage so i just upload a image of it.

View: https://imgur.com/a/HLvUb75

I noticed that one place on motherboard is like 74C

Apr 10, 2020

It happens randomly not only from the games but I found out that if I try to launch World War Z PC reboots really fast( from launching like 15sec and pc turns off), Randomly rebooted then I was watching youtube.

I will do more testing tomorrow

This is a new PC right? Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 with that system or did you use an older HDD/SSD with the OS already installed on it?

Your issue is your Power Supply. The VS series is horrible. I don't know if you had your PSU for a long time but it's probably a faulty PSU. I would recommend you replace the PSU with something of good quality. Forget the VS series of Corsair. It was bad when it came out years ago.

A PC rebooting by itself is related to power. You normally point the finger at a low quality PSU first.

Solution