[SOLVED] Pc randomly shuts of and then wont turn back on.

Nov 24, 2019
So, around 2 weeks ago my pc just randomly turned off. When I tried to turn it back on, the case fan in the back and in the front did not turn on and my screen just stayed black. I checked all the cables and plugged the power in and out and it worked again. But now it keeps happening again. And almost every time i have to do something different on order to fix it. Sometimes it just helps pluging in and out all the cables but 2 days ago I switches the CMOS battery and did not experience the issue for 2 days. Now it has started again and I don't know how to fix this. Also, I keep track with the temperature and it does not seem like that is the problem.

PC specs:
Windows 10
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard: ASRock Z97X Killer
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
PSU: WPM700 Bronze

Solution
PSU is a likely suspect. Age, condition?

But there are other things you can check:

You checked the cables, etc.. Did you do any cleaning to blow out dust and debris?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. You may find some error that occurs just before or at the time of the shutoffs.

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU is a likely suspect. Age, condition?

But there are other things you can check:

You checked the cables, etc.. Did you do any cleaning to blow out dust and debris?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. You may find some error that occurs just before or at the time of the shutoffs.

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Solution