[SOLVED] PC randomly shuts off during any time, and takes 5-6 times to boot

May 23, 2019
About a month ago, when I woke up and started my PC it randomly just shut off during boot and it repeated for about 5-6 times until it could completely boot up. The shut off is also identical to a force shut off when you hold the power button, all power in the case completely goes away.

Recently, my PC has started to crash in the same way while I'm logged in. I checked the temperatures in my case and CPU, everything is fine and my cooling liquid tank is full. My antivirus (bitdefender) says nothing is wrong, and by the time the crashes started happening I didn't install any new programs, so I doubt this is about software.

When I turn off the PC and press the 'Test' button on my PSU, all computer parts light up for about a second and then everything shuts off, identical to the crashing. (If this tells you anything)

Here's a clip of how it looks like:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrWK5rI2n4

My specs are:

Corsair AX860I
Asus Strix RTX 2080
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz
2 SSD Drives
Asus Rog Strix Z390-F

Solution
Get a spare PSU and test... I would even advice you to not start your pc for the time being, bcoz if that psu is problematic it may damage other components... One more question, r u using a UPS? if so disconnect and also check the system at a different electrical outlet.... the shutdown pattern makes me point at the psu...
Get a spare PSU and test... I would even advice you to not start your pc for the time being, bcoz if that psu is problematic it may damage other components... One more question, r u using a UPS? if so disconnect and also check the system at a different electrical outlet.... the shutdown pattern makes me point at the psu...

Solution
May 23, 2019
I am not using an UPS, but I'll put the cable in a different outlet and see if it fixes anything. I can't force this crashing to happen, it just comes randomly.

May 23, 2019
Also Try to turn on the pc with just a single stick of ram; if everything works, check with each ram slot;
Sorry for the late reply, putting the power cable in a different outlet did not solve it and my RAM is placed correctly. The crashing just started out of nowhere without me touching the hardware at all.

Also, it's still very inconsistent. I can go several days without a crash, then the next day it starts crashing several times from out of nowhere. I got quite a beefy PC so I don't want to spend that much money on a PSU now just to test if it's gonna work or not.

Aug 11, 2019
I am in a very similar situation as yours, mate. I was advised to look at the status LEDs on the motherboard and it seems that mine lights up the one for CPU. (there should be some LEDs on your motherboard for CPU/VGA/BOOT/RAM but it depends on the motherboard.) Could you check the manual and find the location of the LEDs, power the PC and see if any lights up?

I haven't fixed the problem yet, since I am waiting to RMA my CPU. My PSU is also a Corsair, ax1200i. I heard my stories about these situations with a Corsair PSU.

Aug 11, 2019
Mine shuts down randomly, without consistency. If that happens and I want to power on my PC, the PSU just clicks once, the components want to power on and it just dies.

May 23, 2019
I am in a very similar situation as yours, mate. I was advised to look at the status LEDs on the motherboard and it seems that mine lights up the one for CPU. (there should be some LEDs on your motherboard for CPU/VGA/BOOT/RAM but it depends on the motherboard.) Could you check the manual and find the location of the LEDs, power the PC and see if any lights up?

I haven't fixed the problem yet, since I am waiting to RMA my CPU. My PSU is also a Corsair, ax1200i. I heard my stories about these situations with a Corsair PSU.
I just found out the problem, I have either a damaged port in the PSU or a damaged cable. If I detach the TXM/HX/ AXI Only cable and hold the Test button on the psu then everything boots fine, so that's where the problem lies for me. If our issues are this similar then you should try the same thing, detach one cable at a time and hold the Test button on your psu.

Aug 11, 2019
I just found out the problem, I have either a damaged port in the PSU or a damaged cable. If I detach the TXM/HX/ AXI Only cable and hold the Test button on the psu then everything boots fine, so that's where the problem lies for me. If our issues are this similar then you should try the same thing, detach one cable at a time and hold the Test button on your psu.

Thanks for the tip. I have tried out your proposal and the self test works like a charm. Unfortunately, when is connected, it still shuts down randomly. I am even using different ports in the PSU to connect the 8 pin cables.