Question PC randomly shuts off then Back on

Jun 18, 2022
I built my first pc recently, and not too long after I was done, it started turning off then back on without any warning. At first I thought it was overheating, but after checking temps, its 30c idle, 45ish while gaming. I checked all the parts and did alot of what I can without buying new parts. My main suspect is motherboard because I bought it used. I'm not sure though because some days itll work all day and some it wont stay on longer then 10 minutes. Can anyone give any pointers?

D

Deleted member 362816

Have you tried updating the bios to the newest version I know those boards had some issues when they came out.

D

Deleted member 362816

I did enable the XMP profile, at 3200mhz. Other than that, I didnt mess with the ram.

So, Here is one thing I do know from allot of experience. The EVGA BQ power supplies have a very high failure rate and over all are just bad. That is a pretty solid motherboard. Seems more like the power supply is going into protection mode and restarting the PC. That is my advice after asking all these questions.

Jun 18, 2022
So, Here is one thing I do know from allot of experience. The EVGA BQ power supplies have a very high failure rate and over all are just bad. That is a pretty solid motherboard. Seems more like the power supply is going into protection mode and restarting the PC. That is my advice after asking all these questions.
Dang... that sucks but I guess that's what I get from going cheap on psu.. I dont know alot about parts, is there anything you'd recommend around 100$?

D

Deleted member 362816

Jun 18, 2022
You would be fine with a solid 650 watt unit if the max you get is a 3060.

I like this one. Rates best tier on Linus Tech Fourm PSU tier list, I have used them in the past with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Enermax-Revolution-Certified-Supply-ERF650AWT/dp/B07PB67ZS7?th=1

I have one for sale but it's on ebay and that's not really allowed here to post the link.
Are you sure 650w would be enough? I did the calculator thing and it told me go with 700-800w..

D

Deleted member 362816

Are you sure 650w would be enough? I did the calculator thing and it told me go with 700-800w..

For a 5900x and a 3060, 550 would be enough. What PSU calculator are you using. Be quiets is the one I go by.

Buy what you can afford. Your best bet over all is the super loved RM850X if you can catch it on sale.