Discussion PC randomly slowing down for 2 seconds at a time.

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Hi,

my newish PC is randomly slowing down for 2 seconds at a time, (Once every 3-6 hours approximately)... At the moment it I've noticed it slowing down when watching YouTube videos. The sound turns "metallicy" and the image slows for 1 or 2 secs, then back to normal.

Also a few times when running triple Monitors it has flashed white and then continued as normal?

Does anyone have an idea what's the problem.

AMD 5 5600X, CPU.
AMD RX 6700 XT, GPU,
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO,
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series Black 32GB DDR4
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Also, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? If you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS.

Corsair HX Series HX1000 Power Supply 1000W 80 Plus Platinum
All parts are 8 months old.

"what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? " how do I find this out? I have not done anything to that since I got in in June/July.

Windows 10. Home.

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Does anyone one have idea what this could be?

It can happen when the computer isn't under any great load, ie... Just while watching Youtube and internet browsing. Although the white flashing/freezing happens when running triple monitors and racing online.

So it would seem it's ubiquitous to all running conditions? Although, maybe the two aren't related?... and I've two different problems?

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Ok I think I've found the problem. I have to disable the fTPM in mobo BIOS.

Can someone who knows what there at post a reputable link/video for me to do this. I don't want to research this first on my own without someone in the know, pointing me to the right place.

Thanks.