pc randomly starting to crash/freeze? when gaming

Learningyoung

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
hello :D i have been using this pc for gaming for about 5 months now and its all been fine but this past week or so i was getting crashes i have notices its only when i am gaming before it was just crashing like once a day but the past 2 day its crashing more and more even just like 10 mins of gaming and it crashes now its happening soo much...i was thinking it may be overheating but i have checked my temps and when it crashed they are around 45 so i dont thinks its that and then i was thinking something with the cpu i have change the thermal paste just incase but does not seem to be that i was reading something about the hard drive id the hard drive LED is on when it crashed is could be thats but it was not on i really dont know what i could be :( oh yeah and my specs are gtx 980 amd 9590 not OCed and 16gb ram

The 9590 is notorious for heat and stability issues. Try removing the side cover of your case and blowing a fan onto the motherboard. If this helps, the issue might be the motherboard VRM's running too hot. You can also try underclocking the processor and see if stability improves. What are the rest of your system
specs?

Learningyoung

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

i have a asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 mobo not sure the brand of my hard drive but its a 2tb and a corsair RM 850w gold psu a corsair h110 cooler 280mm and a thermaltake core x9 case my cpu temps seem fine they never really go over like 45 in games and i dont play many games with high settings either my pc has been running fine not too sure whats up with it just this past week its been doing it and its doing it more and more

Learningyoung

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
anyone have any idea whats causing this? still crashing i have tried new ram so its not ram i also tried another psu so dont think its thats my temp are fine for my cpu and gpu think it could be the mobo or hard drive? anyone?