Question PC Randomly stopped working (no signal)

BBNP

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
Hi sorry I really have no idea where to post my problem. I also posted on Reddit so I'll just copy paste my post.

Hi guys this is a fairly new build. It's been working perfectly for the past 2 months. I was watching YouTube and I randomly got "no signal" and now I can't get it to work anymore. My GPU fan is spinning and the light on it is turning on so I'm not sure what's the problem. Restarted my PC when it happened and it just won't get signal anymore.

Here's my spec :
GPU : 5700XT Red Devil
MOBO : MSI Tomahawk Max
CPU : Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM : 2x 8gb Corsair vengeance
PSU : EVGA supernova 750 G3
Monitor 1 : BENQ XL2411P
Monitor 2 : Samsung LC24F390FHNXZA

Update : GPU Fans are actually not spinning. (But I believe they only spin when hot.)

Update 2 : tried removing and reinstalling the GPU but it didn't help. Also made sure all the cables are plugged correctly.

Update 3 : tried changing my GPU to an old one I had laying around and it still don't work. (This gpu as well as the other one's light does turn on.) My mouse and keyboard light doesn't turn on tho. Im 80% sure the light on my mouse would turn on as soon as I powered my pc.

Last edited:

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Try the following :

1.) Remove (disconnect) any accessory drives, M.2, SATA HDDs, SSDs and CD/DVD/BD and ReBOOT

If that fails, then try :

2.) Remove and reseat the DDR4 DRAM;
3.) Remove and reseat the CPU;:
4.) Check and reinstall the CPU cooler;
5.) Remove your PSU 24-pin ATX and 4/8-pin CPU connectors ;
6.) Check that all the wires are firmly in the Shells (pull on each wire to make sure it doesn't come out);
7.) Firmly seat the 24-pin ATX and 4/8-pin CPU back into the Motherboard;

Try to reboot

Reactions: BBNP

BBNP

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
I tried that but I guess I can try it again.
I'm not sure if that's something but whenever I turn on my PC my monitor turns on like if its receiving info from the PC but then says "no signal". If I don't plug my monitor it says "no cable connected".

BBNP

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
i still doubt its the ram or the processor... coz if there was an issue with gpu slot, then the pc wud at least boot and peripheral lights wud be on... but as ur pc doesnt boot at all, i guess its the cpu or ram...

Would a PC boot if it has no ram? Is there a way I can check if it's the cpu?

BBNP

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
So I noticed when I boot my PC that the cpu led on my mobo (Tomahawk max) light up red for a second is this an indication that the cpu is a problem or is that a normal thing?