[SOLVED] pc randomly turned off

Sep 29, 2019
I was gaming on my pc when it just randomly turned off,ram was still lit while the other components were completely off,pc was running for quite some time,what could have caused this..?

Ryzen 3700x
2080ti
16gb ram(xmp profile)
650w psu
X570 gaming edge mobo
H500p coolermaster mesh case

I was gaming on my pc when it just randomly turned off,ram was still lit while the other components were completely off,pc was running for quite some time,what could have caused this..?

Ryzen 3700x
2080ti
16gb ram(xmp profile)
650w psu
X570 gaming edge mobo
H500p coolermaster mesh case

What is the brand, model and age of the power supply.

Corsair cx 650m 80+ bronze

2-3 months old
Unless the PSU is defective I wouldn't suspect it to be the problem here. Before returning it I'd check CPU and GPU temps to see if there's a problem. Running a stress test to get an idea of overall system performance may help to isolate a potential problem. There's some good articles right here at Tom's to help you with this that include links to apps you'll need. Let us know what you find after testing your system.
GPU stress test
CPU stress test

The psu doesn't have to be defective to be the problem... It can be a simple matter of not having the right too for the job.
You really don't see a problem with someone pairing the current flagship gpu with what's just a decent, low end psu?
While I would not recommend that particular model for any high end build, the fact that it's new and has sufficient output, if working properly, leads me to believe there may be another problem. It's at least worth the trouble to test the system first.