[SOLVED] Pc randomly turning off and restarting

Dec 14, 2021
Hey so I’ve had my pc for a while now and I’m getting these issues I would like to try resolving. For months now my computer runs slow with resets and when entering games my computer turns off and restarts. I’ve tried a new power supply to no resolve. I’ve tried memory nothing. So I decided to see if I could bench mark. When I ran cinebench everthing was fun and I had normal spec/info after it was over. I decided to run furmark into which the computer turns of and restarted right away when I clicked the run button. If you guys go give me some information I would love to hear it.

Solution
Disconnect your reset and ON/OFF switch from the case to the mobo. You can still start the computer by bridging the respective pins. Most likely it is a short in the switch or the wiring/jumper.

DSzymborski

Titan
"GIgabyte 750W" is a brand and a wattage, not a specific model.

If you can provide this information for these PSUs -- which is absolutely crucial for a question about a restarting problem -- I'd be happy to look at this thread again. You can find this information by looking at the PSUs.

sylas

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
Disconnect your reset and ON/OFF switch from the case to the mobo. You can still start the computer by bridging the respective pins. Most likely it is a short in the switch or the wiring/jumper.

Solution