PC Randomly turns off but fans and lights still ruining.

slickslack9

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
This problem started happening this week It only happens when I play a game for about 30 mins. My temps are fine and everything was running fine before.

Specs:
CPU Ryzen 1600x
GPU gtx 1050 TI
MOBO ASUS B350 F
RAM Gskill Ripjaws
STORAGE samsung 850 EVO
PSU Seasonic m12ii 520

Solution
Everything working and no high temperatures?

Could be some fault in the fans. Okay until temperatures heat up, the fans start, and there is a resulting short that ends up being interpreted as a shutdown command or forces an error that has the same effect.

Try the fans one at a time. Determine if a specific fan is at fault or otherwise involved.

slickslack9

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018

It just says "Windows was not properly shut down" and nothing else

Ralston18

Titan
You will need to keep looking for more details and information.

Try Event Viewer.

Here is a link from within this Forum to help you get started:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Take your time, look around, and get a sense of how Event Viewer works.

Two notes: 1) Right-clicking any given Event will offer up more details. 2) Sometimes Event Viewer will report no data. However, it is likely still searching and will present data after a couple of minutes or so.

As for the message "Windows was not properly shut down" without any error codes, etc. the problem may be a loose connection and some component or components may be intermittently losing power.

Power off, open the case, check, and reseat, reconnect everything. Ensue that all components, cables, jumpers, chips, are all fully and firmly in place.

slickslack9

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018

I tried unplugging my front fans and my pc doesn't turn off anymore. So is my mobo broken?

Ralston18

Titan
Everything working and no high temperatures?

Could be some fault in the fans. Okay until temperatures heat up, the fans start, and there is a resulting short that ends up being interpreted as a shutdown command or forces an error that has the same effect.

Try the fans one at a time. Determine if a specific fan is at fault or otherwise involved.

Solution

slickslack9

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018

I reinstalled windows and it seems to have fixed the problem, thanks for your help!