[SOLVED] pc randomly turns off for no reason

Jan 15, 2019
pc randomly turns off for no reason

i recently built a new pc, and after hours of trying to get the OS to run properly it finally did, but now whenever im at any stage of loading the pc up it will just randomly crash, from anywhere from the small dots that spin when loading windows to actually being on windows 10 and being able to use it normally. however, when i, im the BIOS it doesnt seem to crash at all, why could this be happening and how do i fix

avg motherboard heat: around 85-90 degrees

avg cpu heat: around 20-30 degrees

spec:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£149.53 @ Aria PC)

CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£61.99 @ CCL Computers)

Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard (£105.46 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£120.98 @ Aria PC)

Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£64.99 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£54.97 @ CCL Computers)

Video Card: gtx geforce 1060 gb EVGA

Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case (£66.95 @ CCL Computers)

Power Supply: EVGA - 500 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (£46.33 @ CCL Computers)

Solution
Stupid question, how’s the airflow in your case? If you are running an aio with little case air flow. Your motherboard vrm is not getting cooled properly. I would actually suggest to just run the stock cpu cooling fan installed instead of the aio, also make sure that your bios setting is at default.
Stupid question, how’s the airflow in your case? If you are running an aio with little case air flow. Your motherboard vrm is not getting cooled properly. I would actually suggest to just run the stock cpu cooling fan installed instead of the aio, also make sure that your bios setting is at default.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS