PC Randomly Turns off, I've already replaced the PSU.

Chrispwns

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
Hello, I've run into an issue. As of the past month my PC began getting uncomfortably slow when doing simple tasks such as browsing, even with low cpu/ram usage.

I replaced my RAM at first because I noticed my PC was being slow and the few times I noticed it at that point was when my RAM was at 90% (upgraded to 16GB). Then it was stil happening and began happening more frequently (often at 20% cpu/ram usage)

So, then I saw screen tearing in browsers, random PC shut offs and replaced my PSU. I have installed that PSU and the problem persists, it's at the point that I can turn my PC on and it will turn itself off immediately after I do anything or just turn itself off 5 seconds after I turn it on.

I'm honestly at a loss, I've replaced RAM, PSU, I know I had some RAM slots randomly die on me, could it be my processor? I have an AMD build so the memory controller isn't on the motherboard.

Build:

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

PSU: EVGA NEX Bronze 750W (previously Corsair GS700)

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC+

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3

Chrispwns

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014

That was actually my first thought when one ram channel decided to go out on me. I contacted gigabyte and they said "Impossible, memory controller is on the CPU so we don't warranty that" then I was sent to AMD who said "Nope, motherboard". It's a bit too much I may end up buying a new CPU and MOBO then forget it.