Question pc randomly turns off (new psu)

Jan 24, 2023
i recently bought a new Aerocool PSU 550W to replace my old psu 500W, because when I turn on my PC, it turns off Immediately. So i replaced the PSU and my pc went normal, until a few days later the problem is back, but my pc doesn't turns off immediately, instead my pc randomly turns off and if i turn it on again after it randomly turn off, it will either turn off after a few seconds or show no display (doesnt turn off, i need to unplug the power cable). And i need to wait for some time before i can turn on my pc and successfully boot into windows without turning off when booting.

At first i thought my AIO cooler is broken and my CPU was overheating. But when i checked in BIOS, my CPU temp wont go over 40 c until my pc randomly turns off again after few minutes in BIOS. So my AIO cooler is still working.

Yesterday i can use my PC for about 3 hours (1 hour in BIOS). I can even play video games for about an hour and my CPU temp wont go over 48 c. So i thought my pc is working normally, until it randomly turn off again. and when i turn it on after doesnt show anything (no display) like i said before, and i cant shut it down using power button. what caused this, is it because PSU (again?), motherboard, or maybe GPU

My Specs
A320M-HDV Motherboard
AMD A8-9600
AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT
2x RAM 4Gb ddr4
Aerocool Lux 550W 80+ Bronze

Thanks

Jan 24, 2023
What was the old PSU? The new PSU is a very low quality PSU of archaic design and cheap parts. It's also possible that the previous PSU caused damage to one or more of the parts, especially if it was actually worse than the new Aerocool.
the old PSU was erSys 500W+, and it looks like a cheap metal box for about $15.
and what parts can be damaged by PSU, will my graphic card damaged? because i havent properly use my it because my weak cpu. And should i change damaged part or just change the PSU?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
the old PSU was erSys 500W+, and it looks like a cheap metal box for about $15.
and what parts can be damaged by PSU, will my graphic card damaged? because i havent properly use my it because my weak cpu. And should i change damaged part or just change the PSU?

Well, you should change the PSU because you don't want junk running. Then see where you are. Only then should you start looking for damaged parts. Probably the first place to go -- after returning the PSU and getting a legitimate one -- is to run on integrated graphics with the GPU completely removed from the system.

Reactions: mikedown
Jan 24, 2023
Hi @DSzymborski, i just bought a new corsair cv550. With GPU still installed, i tried my new PSU but only few seconds in BIOS my computer suddenly turn off.

So i unplugged my GPU, then i turn on my computer again, everything seem normal but computer feels a bit slower. I checked my cpu temperature and its still around 40c. So i try to load a game and my computer suddenly turned off, i turned on my computer again, but now, only the fans are spinning. I even tried clearing my CMOS but its either turns off instantly or only the fans are spinning.

Could it be the motherboard, CPU or maybe RAM? My motherboard is dusty and old
And if its CPU or RAM what are the symptoms

Thanks