CaolanMcDonnell

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
Hi,

So my PC has been randomly shutting off. I will be using it and doing any task from watching youtube to playing Warzone 2.0 and the screens will just go black and so will the rest of peripherals (mouse, keyboard, etc).
The PC will sometimes boot back up normally but it will usually boot up and display the same code or different ones on the motherboard. When this happens nothing will show on either monitor and I will not get any lights on my mouse or keyboard. I also wanted to note, when the PC is in this stuck mode, if I press a button on the mouse it will light for a second then disappear. Doing this actually powered up the PC once?! The BIOS does not show up when these codes appear.

Here is a video with two clips. The first one is its current state and the second clip of when the mouse will sometimes work.

The specs of my PC:
CPU: I7 4770k (stock cooler)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H
RAM: 16Gb DDR3 Fury Hyper X
GPU: GTX 1060 Strix
Storage: 500Gb SATA SSD
PSU: PowerCool 750W
Case: Some CoolerMaster case
Peripherals: Brand new Steelseries Apex 7 -- Steelseries Rival 600 -- Microsoft Life Cam (as mic) and 2 AOC 144Hz Monitors.

When this first happened the PC would stick to Code 15 or 32. Usually reseating the RAM it would boot up eventually. It is now stuck in a loop with the codes 15, 3B, 32 then 03.

Nothing had really changed from when this didn't happen to now. I added 1 8Gb stick and this didn't start happening till well over 1-2 weeks after.

I've also tried moving the GPU around between the two slots and from when the PC was on, all temps looked normal and the Windows logs don't show anything interesting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CaolanMcDonnell

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
I would say the first place to point fingers at would be the PSU. Is it as old as the rest of the system?

What do the voltages look like when the computer is running? I suspect the 5V might be your main problem.
The PSU was my best guess as well but I had know real way of knowing and the fact a keyboard and mouse couldn't be powered but the PC could made me thing some weird Motherboard/CPU issue.

Also, why has it never come to mind to check the voltage?? I'm a bloody Software and Electronic Engineering Student!!

I do have a new Motherboard, RAM and CPU ordered (B550, 16GB 3600Mhz and 5600x) do you think it would be worth running my (eventually) semi new system off that power supply to see? I do have an old Xeon set up of the same generation lying around I may be able to test.

Edit: Also, Thank you for quick reply! I appreciate it!