Question PC rarely gets to POST and crashes if it does ?

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
I have encountered issues since the beginning of this build in part because of my GPU. The main PCI slot on the MB hasn't worked from day one and yes I tried a total of 4 GPU's in it. Each time resulted in the white GPU light being on and the system refusing to start at all.

What's happened now though is that after installing an update the system wouldn't post the first 10 or so tries. Waited until the next day and then got into windows. It then blue screened and that's when I tried removing power for long periods of time before attempting another boot. I've been in recovery mode and tried using the auto repair, but the system would crash in moments. I tried system restore and then it crashed in the middle of it while the motherboard had the white CPU light come on.

Most boot attempts result in the system having the fans at 100% or the GPU light coming on or the CPU light coming on or getting though the process but then crashing to a white cpu light. Does this point to a faulty power supply, CPU failure, motherboard failure or is this some kind of software issue. Right now I am at a loss and could use an outside prospective as to what could be the cause or what my next steps should be.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Build:

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: AMD Radeon VII

RAM: Gskill 32GB DDR4 3200

PSU: Seasonic - FOCUS GX-750

4ktv

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Nothing I have tried has changed the situation. At most it will boot and then blue screen due to a white CPU light coming on the motherboard. I don't think it's the power supply as if I get into bios it will freeze then turn the white CPU light on. I have tested the power connections and believe this is a motherboard issue and possibly a CPU issue.

I don't know if MSI will honor an RMA request or not considering my experience is they will blame everything under the sun but themselves. Does anyone have advice for how I should go about doing RMA with the motherboard or should I try to see if Amazon will handle it?