Question PC really slow after turning off certain games

ninen2001

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hey, so I've had this issue for quite a while where I've been playing primarily DayZ and then turn it off and my computer is mostly unresponsive for 5 minutes, discord will get disconnected and so on, cannot use any programs. I was thinking this may have to do with my RAM since I don't have a great setup. I have 3 old 2GB ADATA 1333MHz sticks and 1 HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz. Maybe the mix of these are not great for performance. Also when tabbed out of the game, it is very slow. I have a friend who used to play with 8GB of DDR4 RAM and some i5 (a little better than mine but not hugely) with the game installed on a HDD and he never had this issue, computer worked fine right after turning the game off. I've noticed this happening with DayZ and Rust since I mostly play those. Would getting 3 other HyperX Furys 4GB help any of this or help general performance? I have DayZ installed on my HDD and Rust on my SSD and some thing seems to happen.

Setup is:
Intel Core i5-4590
10GB RAM, brand and models mentioned above
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
Kingston A400 120GB 2.5" SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (will be getting Windows 10 next time I feel like it's time to format)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS