• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question PC reboot 2 times then start with black screen

Jun 24, 2020
Hi everyone, last week my pc was giving some issues when turned on it would sometime reboot 1-2 times then start normally, after a couple of days it just wasn't starting again, as i wanted to do an upgrade anyway i thought about buying a new motherboard and a CPU cooler (i bought both RAM and graphic card last year), but i still get the same error, this new mobo has leds on it showing where the boot problem is and apparently is the RAM, so i got new modules but still same problem, i'm wondering if at this point i should buy a new PSU i don't think it's the CPU since the PC was booting before.

Configuration:
PSU: Corsair CX500
CPU: Intel i5-8500
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz
Graphic card: Geforce GTX 1060

Things i tried and didn't work:
  • Changed Motherboard
  • Changed RAM
  • Tried connecting different monitors (HDMI and DVI)
  • Tried onboard graphic card
I'm tempted to buy the PSU as it's the only thing left besides the CPU, and is the cheaper of the two, any other idea of things i could try?

Thanks alot for any help

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS