Question PC Reboot 5600x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2020
Hi all, so ive recently upgraded my system after the launch of the new equipment this year.

System was built 3 weeks ago and was running absolutely fine until last week when i decided to download World of Warcraft and then i have run into problems.

New motherboard Rog Strix b550-F Gaming WiFi
New Ryzen 5 5600x
New PSU NZXT 650w gold rated
New RTX 3070
New Corsair H100x aio
basically everything is new apart from case ssd and ram

i never stress tested this system after building it i only checked temps and played a few games and thought everything was fine.

i get reboots after a few minutes of loading up WoW,
I can play Warzone fine for hours without problems same with assassins creed (only 2 other games ive tested so far)
i have not gotten any blue screens or no dmp files

Errors ive got in Event viewer:

Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power ID 41
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

WHEA-Logger ID 18
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 1 (This changes between 1 and 0)

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Things i have tested so far:
Heaven benchmark No crashes or errors of any kind
Cinebench out of 10 passes it will sometimes crash around pass 3 other times it will go all 10 passes
Memtest86 4 Passes witch is all it allowed me to do, lasted around 3 hours No errors
Prime95 instantly throw up Rounding error on worker 1 and 2 in Large FTT and Blend, i ran Small FTT for 2.5 hours without any errors
3 Different sets of ram from friends machines with docp enabled and set to auto, No change
Swaped out PSU for evga 850w gold no change
PBO Disabled/Enabled no change
updated bios
reinstalled chipset drivers, windows and all drivers i can think off
all temps are normal nothing over 60 when under load

im at wits end trying to figure this out do i have a faulty cpu or board?
as the only things i have not tested is putting in a different cpu (unfortunately i have no other cpu's to test)

this is my first post guys if you need any more info ill get back asap hopefully one of you guys can help me out

Dec 12, 2020
Update:

so after testing for hours apon hours i even got friends researching this for me lol

i have got my system stable with no errors what so ever
No errors in Prime95
No crashing in cinebench
No Reboots in WoW

At the minute the fix seems to be manually inputting your vcore voltage and your core ratio
also set your RAM speed and timings manually
Leaving things to auto makes me crash and have errors, i suspect its something to do with bios.

im currently sitting at 44 core ratio which is 4.4ghz on all cores with a 1.264 vcore voltage which is stable and under 50 degrees
im going to try and push it up to the 4.6ghz roughly but it will take time playing about with the voltage,
i have got my ram running at its advertised speed 3200mhz but make sure you input your speed and timings manually
The AUTO function in my bios seems to be the thing that's making it unstable

i have had this running for about 10 hours now so hopefully this is a fix and hope it helps anyone else that's in a similar situation

Reactions: Cesarinmex
Jan 20, 2021
Hey man first time poster aswell, I'm having the Exact same issue with my 5600x. However I'm not as tech savvy and am not sure how to go about fixing it. Hopefully this bumps the thread I'm pleading for solutions.

Jan 19, 2021
Update:

so after testing for hours apon hours i even got friends researching this for me lol

i have got my system stable with no errors what so ever
No errors in Prime95
No crashing in cinebench
No Reboots in WoW

At the minute the fix seems to be manually inputting your vcore voltage and your core ratio
also set your RAM speed and timings manually
Leaving things to auto makes me crash and have errors, i suspect its something to do with bios.

im currently sitting at 44 core ratio which is 4.4ghz on all cores with a 1.264 vcore voltage which is stable and under 50 degrees
im going to try and push it up to the 4.6ghz roughly but it will take time playing about with the voltage,
i have got my ram running at its advertised speed 3200mhz but make sure you input your speed and timings manually
The AUTO function in my bios seems to be the thing that's making it unstable

i have had this running for about 10 hours now so hopefully this is a fix and hope it helps anyone else that's in a similar situation

Hi!, I have the same problem as you and I was able to solve it based on the solution you mentioned, although with some slight changes, (I imagine it is due to the motherboard I have).
As my processor still has a guarantee, I have sent it and we will see if they change it (I hope so), if not, at least I will be able to configure it once more thanks to you.
Now, I would like to know what happened to your processor? was stable or are you still having problems?
Thanks for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.