Question PC Reboot after 3 hours in-game

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
So 2 weeks ago while playing path of exile for 3 hours, I decide to alt-tab and do some stuff and my PC randomly just turns off and starts again. I then go on Path of Exile, play another 3 hours and my PC randomly reboots itself again. I instantly sent my PSU back for warranty as I thought that's it, but the warranty guy said it was all fine and I have to look at another component. Now that it's back, I re-installed windows and yesterday I played a lot of hours of League with my CPU and GPU maxing 60 degrees and my PC did not turn off. However, as soon as I launched Word of Warcraft, I got this
0YKwMlJ.png
. Would this be the reason my PC reboots a couple of hours in demanding games? I live in Greece so it's quite hot, haven't cleaned the inside dust for 3 years ( I can't see too much dust on the GPU fans but a lot on the CPU fan and on the GPU itself) and my front case fan is not working for some reason that I'm still looking to find out. I'm just really confused and want to know if my GPU running at those temps would be the problem?

i6 6700 no OC
MSI GTX 970 4GB no OC
16GB RAM
CM G650M

Jul 11, 2019
www.damcastore.com
Please check if your CPU is attached correctly and firmly on the bracket. Also look out for any bent pins.

If it's not that, the you could be dealing with a bad motherboard or a bad PSU (The PSU guy that said it was ok could be stupid)

Did you send the PSU back to Cooler Master, or did you just go to a Geeksquad or something like that?

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Please check if your CPU is attached correctly and firmly on the bracket. Also look out for any bent pins.

If it's not that, the you could be dealing with a bad motherboard or a bad PSU (The PSU guy that said it was ok could be stupid)

Did you send the PSU back to Cooler Master, or did you just go to a Geeksquad or something like that?

It was sent back to the shop I bought it from. My CPU temps seem fine hovering around 58 in WoW? I also ran the Intel diagnostics thing and it passed everything with max temp 76

Jul 11, 2019
www.damcastore.com
It was sent back to the shop I bought it from. My CPU temps seem fine hovering around 58 in WoW? I also ran the Intel diagnostics thing and it passed everything with max temp 76

I don't think this is a temperature issue. This is either the CPU somehow losing contact with the socket (not probable -almost never happens), a faulty motherboard, or a bad PSU.

I would STRONGLY recommend you to contact Cooler Master, even if you didn't purchase it directly to them... If the UPC links to a valid warranty, they will accept it with no cost (you usually only pay for the shipping in this cases -- They also usually send it back for free). Usually geeksquads and store technicians are not qualified to diagnose a system.

Fortmaniak

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I don't think this is a temperature issue. This is either the CPU somehow losing contact with the socket (not probable -almost never happens), a faulty motherboard, or a bad PSU.

I would STRONGLY recommend you to contact Cooler Master, even if you didn't purchase it directly to them... If the UPC links to a valid warranty, they will accept it with no cost (you usually only pay for the shipping in this cases -- They also usually send it back for free). Usually geeksquads and store technicians are not qualified to diagnose a system.
Let me also add to what I said above that I ran Prime95 for an hour fine with no errors.